Message When Using Online Services: CC-506
Quicken is unable to identify the account in Quicken to which your downloaded information belongs. This could be because the account at your financial institution is closed, or because the account number or nickname was changed on the financial institution website. This error also occurs if there is an older account still activated in the file that is no longer available at the financial institution.
Update to the latest release of Quicken
- Choose Tools menu > One Step Update.
- Deselect all items, and then click Update Now.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to update to the latest release.
- Try updating your accounts again. If the problem persists, continue with the procedures below.
Refresh your account information
- From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
- Then select Update Now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- If the problem persists, continue with the procedures below.
Deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts:
- Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A);
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List;
- Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab;
- Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
- When finished, close the Account List;
- Close, then re-open Quicken;
- Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view;
- Walk through this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented, UNTIL you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution;
- Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
If the account was closed, deactivate it from future online updates
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button next to the account you want to deactivate.
- In the Account Details dialog, click the Online Services tab.
- Click Remove from One Step Update to stop downloading transactions for this account.
If the problem persists
Contact Quicken Support for assistance. Your financial institution cannot resolve this issue.