MS Money conversion for Win to Quicken for Mac
Export the QIF file from Money:
- Click on File in the upper left corner, then choose Export.
- Select the option Loose QIF.
- Enter the name of the account in the filename box (this makes it easier to identify the accounts you have exported).
- Choose the type of account (such as Regular for checking, savings accounts, etc. and Investment for your investment accounts).
- Select the account from the Account List box.
- Before you press OK, ensure you save this file to either an external media device that can be read on a Mac, such as a thumb drive, cd, DVD, external hard drive, or your desktop where you will manually move to one of these devices at a later point.
- Click OK to export the account.
- Repeat these steps as necessary to which accounts you would like to export.
Import the saved QIF file into Quicen for Mac
Note: These instructions are for Quicken for Mac 2007 and older. The QIF file format is not supported in Quicken Essentials for Mac.
- On your Mac, open Quicken. If a message appears asking you to select a Quicken file to open, click Cancel.
- Select the File menu and select New, then choose File.
- Select New Quicken File and click OK.
- Complete the Create Data File window:
- In the Save As field, enter the name for the data file.
- In the Where field, enter the location where you want to save the file. Intuit suggests saving this file on your desktop.
- Under Quicken categories to use, select the appropriate category.
- Click Create.
- In the New Account Assistant window, click Cancel, and then click Close.
- Insert the CD, DVD, or removable media with the QIF files into the appropriate drive.
- Select the Quicken File menu and select Import, then From QIF.
- Navigate to the Security List.QIF file on the CD, DVD, or removable media, and then click Open.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to import the data.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 for the Accounts.QIF, Categories.QIF, and Transactions.QIF files (depending on which ones you saved or what you named them).