PFM-0400-4 Error Updating Accounts in Quicken for Mac
Updating accounts in Quicken for Mac may result in a Server Error that displays PFM-0400-4 in the Send Error dialog box.
This error occurs when a configuration on the servers is incorrect for the financial institution (FI). When you choose to SEND that error report, server teams are able to detect and resolve the error within hours. Once that change has been implemented, there may still be user action required to get your Quicken for Mac file back on track with the newly updated/corrected FI information.
- Make a Backup before starting this process. If anything goes wrong, the backup is your safety net to get back to where you were before you started this solution.
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose "Hide and Show Accounts" and Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in List;
- When complete, click the Settings button on each account with this FI, and under At Your Financial Institution section click on Troubleshooting > Deactivate Downloads and click Save.
- When finished with all accounts in your file that connect to this FI, Quit Quicken;
- Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
- Looking in Keychain = Login and Category = Password, find and Trash any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
- Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken;
- Select your primary account with this FI to re-link; click on "Set up transaction download" in Settings.
- Type the name of this financial institution and make the appropriate selection, then enter your login credentials and click Continue;
- When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.