Portfolios Do Not Contain Holdings For Some Securities After Portfolio Export
Holdings for a security will not be exported if the security is missing a ticker symbol or has an incorrect ticker symbol in Quicken for Windows.
An account will not be exported if you have not selected it for export in the One Step Update dialog.
To check for the correct ticker symbol:
- In Quicken, choose Investing menu > Security List.
- In the Security List, scan your securities to make sure they all have ticker symbols.
- If a security is missing a ticker symbol, or if you are not sure you have the correct ticker symbol for a given security, then click Edit in the toolbar.
Enter a missing ticker symbol
- In the Edit Security dialog: Enter a missing ticker symbol in the Symbol field.
Confirm or correct a ticker symbol
- In the Edit Security dialog: Next to the Symbol field, click Look Up.
- Quicken displays a Quicken.com window with possible matches based on the security name.
- When you find the correct symbol, confirm that it matches the symbol you entered in Quicken. If the symbol in Quicken is not correct, enter the correct one in the Edit Security dialog.
To check if whether an account is set up for Portfolio Export:
- In Quicken, click the Update button on the Account Bar > One Step Update.
- In the One Step Update dialog, confirm that you have selected the check box for Update my portfolio on Quicken.com.
- In the One Step Update dialog, click Select Quicken.com data to update.
- In the Customize Online Updates dialog, click the Portfolio tab.
- Make sure there is a check mark next to each account you want to export to Quicken.com. To export all of your accounts, click Mark All.
- Click OK.
- Click Update Now.
Note: Quicken retains your settings in the Customize Online Updates dialog until you change them again.