Quicken 2016 for Windows Update and Mondo Patch
Updates for Quicken 2016 for Windows can be found here, when available.
Note: If you're a few updates behind, you only need to download the most recent update. You can check what release you are currently on by going to Help > About Quicken.
Download and Install the Latest Update (US Versions)
If you don't download financial updates from your bank or use Billpay, you can download the Manual update.
Mondo Patch Update
If you are unable to update Quicken, or if you receive an error while updating, the Mondo Patch Update should help. The Mondo Patch Update is like a regular update, except it updates all Quicken files (whether updates are needed or not). Because of its size, this update can take a little longer to install.
Download the Mondo Patch Update (52.6MB)
Download the Manual Update (3.1MB)
- Click on the link above for the update you prefer (these steps apply to both).
- Choose to Save As, then browse to your desktop and save it there. If you get a prompt asking if you want to allow the program to make changes, you will need to allow.
- From your desktop, right-click the newly downloaded file QW2016R12Patch or QW2016R12MPatch and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- When finished, you can verify the release version of Quicken by selecting the Help menu in the software and choosing About Quicken.
Download and Install the Latest Update (Canadian Versions)
To download the Quicken Canada Manual Update, click here.
To download the Quicken Canada Mondo Patch Update, click here.
Release 12 (US Versions, April 2017)
Important upgrade for Online Bills
- Upgrade: The Quicken Online bills service has been upgraded to provide a higher quality of service and security. Quicken now supports 8000+ billers and we will continue to add new billers. To complete this upgrade, you may be prompted to re-login for some of your biller accounts.
- Fixed: An issue where duplicate accounts could be created in some cases after a mobile sync.
- Fixed: An issue where Quicken Mobile app would show the same file name more than once when signing in.
- Fixed: An issue where you could get an 'Invalid value for parameter' error message during mobile sync.
- Fixed: Slow scroll performance on the Portfolio View for accounts with a very large number of positions.
- Fixed: An issue where the Bill and Income Reminder or Compare to Register tab was not shown for Linked Cash Accounts.
For previous release notes, click here