Quicken 2017 for Mac Release Notes
How to Update Quicken
- Select the Quicken Menu > Check for updates
Version 4.8.3 (12/2018)
- IMPROVED - Improved accuracy of account balances on mobile and web.
- FIXED - In reports, fixed an issue where the Last 7, 14, 30, 60 and 90-Day filters were off by one day.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where Quicken would crash when clicking on the Income tab in the register.
- FIXED - Fixed the top issue causing a crash in Quicken. In this case, Quicken would sometimes crash when switching windows or viewing Quicken after the computer wakes from sleep.
Version 4.8.1 & 4.8.2 (10/2018)
- FIXED - Fixed a number of sync issues with the reviewed flag, balance adjustments, and transfers.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where Quicken would try to connect to the Quicken Cloud at launch, sometimes requiring a sign-in.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the preference for the number of files automatically backed up was ignored.
- FIXED - Fixed an account connection issue with the new US Bank credit card.
Version 4.8.0 (9/2018)
- NEW - All password protected files will be encrypted by default making your files more secure. However, this will increase the time it takes to open and close files. If you want to go back to the way it used to work, go to Quicken > Preferences and click on Security to turn off encryption.
- FIXED - Fixed sync issue with the "Not Reviewed" transaction flag.
- FIXED - Fixed budget sync issue that would occur when categories had unexpected data.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where printing a check in full-screen mode would result in a blank screen.
- FIXED - Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to Rebuild stock history for an unknown symbol.
Version 4.7.1, 4.7.2, & 4.7.3 (7/2018)
- FIXED - Fixed a number of small issues that could crop up when trying to add Capital One accounts.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where long-term capital gains weren't appearing under Schedule D.
- IMPROVED - Database update.
- IMPROVED - One-time database update of Quicken files. You may cancel the update to start using Quicken; the database update will continue when you start Quicken again.
- IMPROVED - Quicken will now remove unnecessary conflicted database files caused by cloud storage services such as Dropbox to improve file integrity and reduce file size.
- IMPROVEMENT - Added the ability to change an incomplete bill pay transaction into a manual transaction, or to put it into the To Send state, by holding down the OPTION key and selecting the Delete Transaction menu item.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the Add Account screen would continuously appear for an investment account if the previous download was not successful.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the Loan view would hang if certain loan terms were used.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue in the check number field where the + keyboard button didn't increment the number.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue that caused some customers to crash when syncing a budget.
Version 4.7.0 (06/2018) - Important Capital One Update
- IMPROVED - Quicken and Capital One are in the process of upgrading the connection type used to download transactions. Quicken for Mac v4.7.0 is required for this change. Over the course of the next few weeks or so, Quicken will start migrating customers to the new connection type. This change will happen over time. When this change takes place, your Capital One accounts will stop working and you will get a 351 error. Click on the Sign In button in the Account Status window to fix the issue which will prompt you to enter your Capital One username and password. Check the box next to each of your accounts to reauthorize them even if they've already been added to Quicken.
- IMPROVED - Drastically improved the performance of auto-saving a backup file when quitting Quicken.
- IMPROVED - Added the ability to sync budgets with the future Quicken mobile application. This mobile application is not yet available.
- IMPROVED - Improved messaging when connected services have been discontinued.
Version 4.6.10 (05/2018)
- IMPROVED - Improved error message when the Quicken Cloud is down.
Version 4.6.9 (03/2018)
- NEW - Added a Quicken > Show Current Offers menu to view current Quicken offers.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where bill pay check numbers were being lost.
- FIXED - Fixed a crash when trying to sort on the Sync ID column in the register.
- FIXED - Fixed a Quicken 2007 import issue. Transfers that were assigned a class and linked to an investment account in Quicken 2007 created orphaned transfers in Quicken 2017. Thanks to JustinS for his great detective work in narrowing down the problem.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where investment placeholders weren't appearing in the transaction list.
- FIXED - Fixed a number of other stability and reliability issues.
Version 4.6.8 (01/2018)
General bug fixes and improvements
- NEW: Display message if trying to Quit Quicken and syncing hasn't completed.
- NEW: Sync Asset accounts between 2 Macs.
- IMPROVED: Clicking on Edit Accounts in Preferences logs into one's account automatically without having to re-enter credentials.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where check numbers disappeared after syncing with the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where different currency symbols would appear in the Projected Balances chart if there were scheduled transactions using different currencies.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where turning off the Clean-up Payees preference didn't work.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the online balance date didn't get updated if the balance didn't change between downloads. This could affect reconcile and other features that depend on the online balance date.
- FIXED: Fixed an attachment sync issue.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where bogus investment placeholders were being created because of rounding issues.
- FIXED: Fixed a handful of the top crashing issues.
Version 4.6.7 (10/2017)
Critical Update for v4.5.8 or Earlier Customers
If you're using v4.5.8 or earlier, please upgrade to continue downloading transactions. Intuit services have ended and you need to migrate your account to the new, secure Quicken Cloud.
Version 4.6.7 has a number of stability improvements.
- IMPROVED: Improved account connectivity and handling of account errors. Added a new Fix It button for download error 106 that will allow customers to fix and connect their bank accounts. Fixed an issue where old Intuit account IDs weren't being cleared from the data file and caused sync errors. Fixed an issue where the wrong date was appearing in the Account Status window for certain accounts such as loans. Also, improved a number of error messages. Sometimes approval is required on the bank's website but a number of errors didn't tell customers this fact.
- IMPROVED: Improved Quicken Windows import. Fixed a Quicken Windows file import issue where transactions with corrupted transfers wouldn't import. Also, fixed an import performance issue where files that had a lot of transfers would appear stuck.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where Quicken wasn't handling erroneous bill pay messages correctly.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the Tax Report wasn't exporting memo fields in CSV format.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where Add Share transactions that were converted to a split were not appearing in Performance calculations in the new native portfolio view and generating erroneous placeholders.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the calculator in the account register would inexplicably round to the nearest cent making it impossible to use.
Version 4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.6.3, 4.6.4, 4.6.5, & 4.6.6 -Critical Update- (9/2017)
To prevent service interruption, update now.
As part of Quicken's separation from Intuit, we will be migrating a number of services from Intuit to the secure, Quicken Cloud. If you are not on the latest Quicken version by September 30th, you will lose the ability to...
- Create a new file
- Make changes to your account
- Download transactions
- Use the mobile app
This is a free update
Version 4.6 has a number of feature and stability improvements.
- NEW: The biggest change is the move to the new Quicken ID and Quicken cloud. After launching Quicken, you will be asked to create a new Quicken ID. You should be able to use the same email address and password that you used for your Intuit ID.
- NEW: Quicken Connect transactions will now be delivered via the Quicken Cloud. Quicken will setup your accounts so your transactions continue to download without having to re-enter your banking credentials. This only affects Quicken Connect accounts.
- NEW: As part of this change, Quicken Connect accounts will now download transactions in the background meaning you can continue use Quicken. Direct Connect accounts including all investment accounts do not currently download in the background.
- NEW: Moved stock quote updates to download in the background.
- NEW: Added support for multiple Cloud accounts using the same Quicken ID. This means you don't need different IDs for each file.
- NEW: There's a new mobile app. You will need a new Quicken mobile app to continue seeing your data. Go to the app store associated with your mobile device to get the latest Quicken mobile app.
In addition to Quicken Cloud features, we also made improvements throughout the product.
- NEW: Added the ability to set the sidebar to display online balances.
- NEW: In preferences, you can now set the number of files to keep when auto-backing up. You can even set it to save all backup files.
- IMPROVED: Added the ability to disconnect a web connect account.
- IMPROVED: Added the ability to assign Quicken Bill Pay to an investment account.
- IMPROVED: Improved the Loan view. In the header, we now display decimal places for the balance and added a drop down to switch between Today's, Projected and Online balances.
- IMPROVED: Also in loans, the calculation has been improved for any loan where the compounding period is less than the payment period which is the case for auto loans. If auto loans didn't work for you in the previous release, try it again.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where loan balance adjustments weren't being added.
- FIXED: Fixed the loan balance progress bar so it includes only what has been paid.
- FIXED: Fixed a number of issues that would cause a crash.
- IMPROVED: Improved sync and transaction download reliability.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that would temporarily impact balances of some accounts. A big thanks to Scott and Shane who helped us track down this issue.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that prevented bill pay transactions from being created if the payee name and description were longer than 32 characters. Only the payee name should have been included in the character count.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that caused false alert sync errors.
- FIXED: Fixed the top 3 crashing issues that occurred during transaction downloads or Quicken Cloud sync.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) screen wouldn't appear during an account refresh.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that was causing a false transaction sync error.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that occurred when a cloud account ID was lost. Quicken will now ask the user to set up a new cloud account.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where hidden and possibly closed accounts were set up on the Quicken Cloud but failed because the accounts no longer existed or the aggregation service no longer supported the financial institution. These accounts will now be automatically disconnected or removed from mobile sync.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that would occur during sync for a small number of people. It would have taken a lot longer to fix without the help of a dedicated group of customers who provided us feedback and shared their files with us. A big thanks to Alfonso, Brent, Dennis, Gary, Howard, Jeff, Jerry, Pamela, Rusty, Ryan, Stephen, and William, with a special thanks to Keith whose file helped us figure out the root cause of this crash allowing us to fix it.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that would occur if the payee name had a back slash at the end of the name.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that would occur importing a home equity loan from a Quicken Windows file.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash in loans if there was invalid data.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash importing a Quicken Mac 2007 file that had a loan with a Weekly payment frequency.
- IMPROVED: Added the ability to easily fix a dead account (Error code 324, Account not found). Simply click Fix It in the Account Status window to fix the account.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue on the Quicken Cloud that would sometimes prevent the sign-in or sign-up screen from appearing. Customers would see a gray screen or a stuck spinner.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the error message to setup an account wouldn't go away even after reconnecting an account.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the migrate Quicken ID screen wouldn't appear after using the Sign in as a Different User feature.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that would prevent all accounts from syncing with mobile if there was at least a single discontinued financial institution as part of the account list.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause a sync error if there was a linked transfer that was referencing an account that wasn't being synced.
- FIXED: In 4.6, customers could finally disconnect web connect accounts but this didn't work for credit cards. 4.6.5 fixes this discrepancy.
- IMPROVED: Improved the ccscrape.108 error message. If you get this message it means you need to go to your bank's website to authorize the connection.
- IMPROVED: Improved the ccscrape.192 error message. If you get this error, it means your bank is using Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) that currently is not supported by the Quicken aggregation service.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause categories on linked transfers to be lost.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where deleted splits weren't getting propagated to the Quicken Cloud.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where help files weren't being displayed from the Help menu if running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- FIXED: Improved reliability of a fix for an MFA issue where customers received an MFA code but didn't have a screen to enter the code in.
Version 4.5.6 (6/2017)
- IMPROVED: In the loan details screen, added the ability to pay from an investment account.
- FIXED: If the category preference was set to short names, fixed an issue where typing a colon to add a sub-category would result in the first sub-category being incorrectly selected.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where quotes would start downloading after clicking Pay Now using Online Bill Pay.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where online bill payments would sometimes be off by a penny due to a rounding error.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where changing the loan Next Payment date wouldn't always update the scheduled transaction date.
- FIXED: Refined a data integrity fix that updated old transaction totals to match the sum of their splits correcting a previous bug. In some rare cases, this fix incorrectly changed transaction totals to match an incorrect single split amount resulting in an incorrect account balance. In 4.5.6, the customer will now be notified of any changes and the fix will only change totals for transactions with multiple split lines. Single split lines will have their split amount changed to match the transaction total. In addition, this fix will auto-correct any transactions that may have been negatively altered by the previous update if they have single splits and transfers.
Versions 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.5.3, and 4.5.4 (5/2017)
- FIXED: Fixed a couple of crashes in the loan feature.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash when trying to export the register to a CSV file.
- FIXED: Fixed a couple more crashes in the loan feature.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash when clicking Quicken Community in the help menu while in the loan feature.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue downloading the latest version of Quicken Utility when clicking on Screen Share from the Help menu.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the scheduled transaction wouldn't get updated after making changes in the loan details screen.
- FIXED: Limited the loan length for weekly, monthly, and payment lengths which sometimes led to the application hanging when the numbers were large.
- FIXED: Improved overall stability of the new loan feature.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in 1-month budgets where clicking on the dot in the date control wouldn't take you to the current month.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in 12-month budgets where the month and year were not defaulting to the current year if the current year was budgeted.
- FIXED: Reverted a change that blocked the Update Selected Online Accounts feature for Quicken Connect accounts. We originally disabled the menu because Quicken Connect accounts can't be updated individually but this forced people to update all accounts which could take a long time.
- FIXED: Fixed 2 issues on the home screen budget view. 1) Clicking on the dot switches the budget to the current month. 2) The Create a New Budget view won't incorrectly appear if you have a budget.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the loan feature would add a Loan Interest category if using category Short Names.
- FIXED: Loan Interest used in a split line is now included in the total but it does not change the loan model.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where editing a Payment Total Only loan scheduled transaction would incorrectly update the Payment amount. Now changing the scheduled transaction amount will update extra principal.
- FIXED: Fixed more loan stability issues.
Version 4.5 (4/2017)
This release brings several new features and bug fixes. One of these additions is the new Loan feature.
NEW: The new loan feature improves tracking of mortgages and other types of loans.
- Connected loan accounts will now correctly report the remaining loan principal. Before, Quicken would add transactions from the loan provider which many times included both principal and interest, throwing off the actual balance.
- After entering specific loan details, a scheduled transaction can be created to accurately report monthly principal and interest payments. The scheduled transaction will change each month based on the calculated loan amortization table.
- Graphically see how much principal and interest will be paid on your loan, current and estimated payoff dates and the proportion of your payment that goes toward principal and other line items.
- See what your loan provider reports to Quicken to make sure your payment has been received.
- Expanded list of loan providers including Quicken Loans.
- Review all loans together using the new Debt view.
NEW: In support of the new Loan feature, we've also added improvements to file and account conversion.
- Added the ability to import loans from Quicken Windows. You'll need a new converter to get the enhanced functionality. This should download automatically.
- Added the ability to import loans from Quicken 2007.
- Added a pop down message that appears the first time one goes to an existing liability account. This message talks about the new loan feature and allows people to convert the liability account to a loan account. This message only appears once per account.
- Added new buttons to Account Settings to convert liability accounts to a loan account and convert a liability account to a loan account. If you don't convert your liability account in the pop-up message, you can convert it at any time by going to Account Settings.
NEW: We've also been working hard on improving reports by continuing to improve our new custom reports engine.
- Added new Transaction Reports. Created custom category, tag, payee, account and time-based transaction reports where you'll be able to rearrange columns, print, and export this information.
- In the new reports, uncategorized transactions will now be grouped by the sign of the amount. Positive values will be included with the income transactions and negative values will be included with the expenses.
- The default account selection for custom reports excluded retirement accounts. Now all accounts are included in the default account list. Customers can continue to customize and select the accounts they want.
IMPROVED: Budgets have been reworked. We haven’t added any new features but have made what we have work better especially when trying to create a new budget or creating a future budget.
- Clicking New Budget will now start the budgeting process.
- Quicken now asks the starting month and year when creating a budget.
- Going to the budget view should default better especially when your budget doesn’t start in January.
- When moving the budget view to a period where there currently isn't a budget defined, Quicken will automatically ask if you would like to create a new budget using the previous budget, historical data from the previous year, or to start from scratch with zero values.
- Fixed an issue when editing a budget that spans into the next year where the year was not displaying for the month of January.
IMPROVED: In our last major release, we added the ability to auto-backup files. We've refined this feature in 4.5.
- A backup is saved only when a change has been made.
- A progress indicator appears when saving the backup file. Saving the backup can take a few seconds to complete.
- Added a new preference that will change the backup behavior. Instead of automatically saving a backup, Quicken will ask every time before saving a backup.
IMPROVED: We subtly changed the way splits work and made them better.
- We got a lot of complaints about splits getting into a mode where it would change the first split line even after you’ve edited it which was clearly frustrating. There are 3 split modes: Total, Refine First Line and Remainder. If the transaction total amount is 0, then Quicken will sum the amount of the splits and update the total. The Refine First Line mode is useful when one basically wants to categorize a few items but the bulk of a purchase is the same. For example, if you typically go to Walmart for groceries but occasionally buy clothes or something else you may want to pull out just those non-standard items and categorize them separately. In this case, you want the first split line to be Groceries and its amount should decrease with each split line added. Quicken goes into this mode if the transaction total is > 0, the first split line is not edited and there are initially only 2 split lines meaning this is a new split. All other times, splits are in remainder mode where a remainder split line is automatically created if the total amount isn't reached.
- We added a new feature to adjust the transaction total to the sum of the current split values. If you increase the amount of an existing split line, a remainder split is created that basically subtracts the amount you just added which can be frustrating. This might happen if you decide to increase the amount of extra principal you pay for a month or adjust a paycheck split transaction to match actual amounts. In this case, most would want the total amount to adjust. We've added a "minus" button to the remainder split line so you can delete it. This will automatically change the transaction total value.
IMPROVED: We have also added a number of Customer Care features.
- Screenshare. We've added a new built-in screenshare capability that will allow a Quicken Care agent to see your screen while helping you through an issue.
- Sanitize File. Quickly create a sanitized file that will remove personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team to help track down issues.
IMPROVED: We continue to refine a number of other features.
- We added blue dots to the sidebar representing newly downloaded transactions a few releases ago and continue to improve the way they work. We added a preference to mark reconciled transactions as reviewed. Fixed an issue with Web Connect accounts. They will now work as connected accounts. Also, fixed a number of transaction count issues that would occur when transactions were automatically matched.
- We continue to refine using the category field to enter in transfers. In 4.5, customers can now define transfers for multiple transactions using the transaction info dialog. One can also add a transfer in the category field for select investment transactions.
- We’ve changed the behavior for the filter bar in the register. Now the Reset Filter button won't appear until one is in a filtered state. Also, a giant red X has been added to the button which should make it more obvious when one is in a filtered state. The issue is that many times customers didn't realize they were in a filtered state and thought they had lost transactions.
- Customer PerryG observed that some financial institutions use the memo field for payee information or that the combination of the payee and memo fields provide the full payee name. Added two menu items on the transaction contextual menu to easily make these changes to one or many transactions.
Lastly, there were several bug fixes:
- FIXED: Fixed a long standing issue where exporting the tax report to CSV didn't include the schedule D items.
- FIXED: Fixed the transaction download count in the Account Status window for Quicken Connect accounts. Previously auto-matched transactions weren't being counted.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash and hang that would occur when importing Quicken 2007 and Windows files.
- FIXED: Improved the reliability of online bill pay transactions by adding a number of checks that will make sure payment information meets certain criteria before attempting to process the transaction.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where old download and sync error messages continued to appear in Quicken even after they were resolved.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where cost basis values didn't appear in the realized gain view.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where dragging a transaction within the register would result in the amount changing if it had a complex split with transfers.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where accounts hidden from reports were also excluded from transfer and account register field pop-up lists.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the Intuit ID didn't appear in the About Box after signing in as a different user.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where customizing the report will auto-collapse all of the rows.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where renaming a category or action to the same name as another item caused the UI to be unresponsive.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash if a payee account number matches the phone number that had been paid by multiple users.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue if you had a problem logging in, it would display a dialog to re-enter your credentials.
- FIXED: Fixed a budget sync issue.
Version 4.4.3 (1/2017)
Releasing another update with a couple of important fixes.
- FIXED: Fixed a bug where bond interest income transactions were inadvertently deleted. This broke in 4.4.0 when Quicken started merging dividend and buy transactions into a single reinvested dividend. To fix, manually add these transactions back.
- FIXED: Fixed a bug where changing the description or address of an online bill pay payee with an "&" in the name could cause the payment to be silently rejected.
Version 4.4.2 - Critical Update (1/2017)
Without this update, connected services (such as transaction download) could stop working after 1/20.
- FIXED: Quicken Mac needs to be upgraded to fix a transaction download issue that could cause Quicken to stop responding.
Version 4.4.0 & 4.4.1 (12/2016)
- NEW: Added a basic auto-backup feature which will backup files to a designated location after quitting the app. We’ll keep 5 files at a time. Auto-backup was the number one feature requested on the Quicken.com feature voting page.
- NEW: After updating connected accounts, a blue dot will appear next to all accounts on the sidebar that have new transactions. Hover over the blue dot to see how many transactions were in the last download.
- NEW: We fixed and refined the behavior of the register status icons. First off, the orange pencil won’t appear by default in manual accounts. Quicken won’t retroactively remove the orange pencil but you can use the new Mark All Reviewed to quickly eliminate them. Second we added an option to Mark All Downloaded Transactions as Reviewed in connected accounts which will quickly hide all of the blue dots, pencils and envelopes but will leave the orange pencils so you can see which transactions haven’t been matched yet with a downloaded transaction. If you want to mark one of these remaining orange pencils as reviewed, you can and the pencil will disappear. Yeah!
- NEW: Added a new preference to define whether splits should automatically open in the register and reconcile screen. Many expressed that they found this behavior disruptive.
- NEW: Quicken will now merge dividend and buy transactions into a single reinvested dividend transaction which matches the behavior in Quicken Windows.
- NEW: Added a preference to use a transaction's posted date instead of its entered date. Quicken now defaults to using the posted date.
We’ve also made several report enhancements.
- NEW: Added the ability to Export or Copy the comparison or summary report to a spreadsheet providing more flexibility in analyzing the data or printing.
- NEW: Added a new option in the comparison report customize dialog that allows one to easily compare the current period with the previous period. For example, you can compare the current quarter with the previous quarter. Before we only had an option to compare against the prior year.
- NEW: The summary report now has a new Total column.
- NEW: Added the ability to scale comparison, summary and budget report print outs. This feature appears in the print dialog.
- IMPROVED: Improved the comparison report difference column by applying better color coding and negative sign use. Thanks to our beta testers who helped us figure out the best solution.
We’ve fixed several bugs too.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that caused some payee names to appear abridged or truncated.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the entered security name wouldn’t automatically appear in the New Security screen after selecting Add New Security. You would have to type it in again.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the Budget Totals column wouldn’t remember whether the last used setting was year to date or entire year.
- FIXED: Previously budgets could only be edited 1 year into the future. Now there is virtually no limitation.
- FIXED: Fixed the uncategorized transaction link on the home screen. Clicking it now takes you to a list of uncategorized transactions.
- FIXED: Eliminated the End Date tab that appeared in the reconcile dialog since it got in the way of seeing the date of the last transaction.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that would occur when completing reconcile after using the Start Fresh feature.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where manually entered transactions that were entered before the end of the reconcile period but posted after would throw off reconcile calculations.
- FIXED: Fixed one of the top crashing issues. In the reconcile screen, the app would crash when pressing the enter key on a date field.
- FIXED: Fixed another top crashing issue that occurred when clicking on future dated scheduled transactions in the calendar view.
Version 4.3.1 (11/2016)
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in custom reports where drill down reports would accidentally alter the Category or Payee Summary report. If you run into this issue, the fix is pretty easy. Just go to Customize on the Category Summary report and click on the None button under the Categories pane which basically resets the report back to its default. Similarly if you want to get back to the default Payee Report, go to Customize, select Payee tab and click on None.
Version 4.3.0 (11/2016)
We continue to add new features to Quicken 2017.
- NEW: Added the ability to see transaction details by clicking and drilling down on custom report amounts.
- NEW: Added printing for 12-Month budgets. Re-enabled printing for 1-Month budgets.
- NEW: Added the ability to set the currency for a budget.
- NEW: Added a quick way to enter transfers by typing a bracket to display account names in the category field. This is a feature that was in both Quicken 2007 and Windows. Brackets in category names will be converted to parentheses.
- NEW: Added a new File menu item that allows you to quickly find your file in the Finder.
- NEW: Added the ability to switch a file to a different Intuit ID.
- NEW: Redesigned the Account Settings Bill Pay tab.
- NEW: Added the number 17 to the Quicken app icon to differentiate it from previous versions on the dock.
- NEW: Added a new Report a Problem feedback form under the Help menu to allow customers to easily send log files to our development team to help us fix issues faster.
We also fixed a number of really important bugs.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where an account's currency setting was being changed to US Dollars after syncing.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where scheduled transactions in investment accounts weren't showing up under the Bills view.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in the new custom reports where the difference values had the incorrect sign.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in the new custom reports where the wrong currency symbol would appear.
- FIXED: Fixed a long standing issue where securities from the same company couldn't be manually entered because Quicken would get confused between the two. For example, selecting GOOGL would get changed to GOOG.
- FIXED: Fixed another long standing issue where Quicken would double count cash balances in some brokerage accounts because cash was held or reported as a security. This occurred in a number of professionally managed accounts.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the net worth amount appeared over the label after shrinking the sidebar.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the reconcile flag wasn't being recorded on transfer to buy transactions imported from Quicken 2007.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the payee filter didn't work correctly in reports.
- FIXED: Added missing tool tips to all of the register icons including the pencils and envelopes.
- FIXED: Fixed the investment day change value so that it resets at midnight.
- FIXED: Fixed the #1 crashing bug that could occur when converting a Quicken 2007 file and quitting the app after selecting the mobile option.
Version 4.2.1 (10/2016)
- NEW: Added summary reports to the new customized report feature.
- NEW: Added the ability to set the sidebar display balance to either Today or Projected.
- NEW: Added the ability to shrink the width of the sidebar and auto-hide balances.
- NEW: Added the ability to set a home currency for the sidebar and exclude foreign currency accounts from balances.
- NEW: Added main menus for Reports, Budgets and Bill Pay.
- NEW: Made it more obvious how to open a 2017 file during the first use experience.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in reports where expired short sales didn't appear.
Version 4.1.1 (9/2016)
- NEW: Compare your income and spending against prior years with new, customizable reports.
- NEW: Pay your bills in Quicken, now with Quicken Bill Pay (fees apply).
- NEW: Get more power on the go with our improved mobile app.
- NEW: Enjoy a new look that’s easier to use and navigate.