Quicken 2017 for Mac Release Notes
How to Update Quicken
- Select the Quicken 2017 Menu > Check for updates
Version 4.4.3 (1/2017)
Releasing another update with a couple of important fixes.
- FIXED: Fixed a bug where bond interest income transactions were inadvertently deleted. This broke in 4.4.0 when Quicken started merging dividend and buy transactions into a single reinvested dividend. To fix, manually add these transactions back.
- FIXED: Fixed a bug where changing the description or address of an online bill pay payee with an "&" in the name could cause the payment to be silently rejected.
Version 4.4.2 - Critical Update (1/2017)
Without this update, connected services (such as transaction download) could stop working after 1/20.
- FIXED: Quicken Mac needs to be upgraded to fix a transaction download issue that could cause Quicken to stop responding.
Version 4.4.0 & 4.4.1 (12/2016)
- NEW: Added a basic auto-backup feature which will backup files to a designated location after quitting the app. We’ll keep 5 files at a time. Auto-backup was the number one feature requested on the Quicken.com feature voting page.
- NEW: After updating connected accounts, a blue dot will appear next to all accounts on the sidebar that have new transactions. Hover over the blue dot to see how many transactions were in the last download.
- NEW: We fixed and refined the behavior of the register status icons. First off, the orange pencil won’t appear by default in manual accounts. Quicken won’t retroactively remove the orange pencil but you can use the new Mark All Reviewed to quickly eliminate them. Second we added an option to Mark All Downloaded Transactions as Reviewed in connected accounts which will quickly hide all of the blue dots, pencils and envelopes but will leave the orange pencils so you can see which transactions haven’t been matched yet with a downloaded transaction. If you want to mark one of these remaining orange pencils as reviewed, you can and the pencil will disappear. Yeah!
- NEW: Added a new preference to define whether splits should automatically open in the register and reconcile screen. Many expressed that they found this behavior disruptive.
- NEW: Quicken will now merge dividend and buy transactions into a single reinvested dividend transaction which matches the behavior in Quicken Windows.
- NEW: Added a preference to use a transaction's posted date instead of its entered date. Quicken now defaults to using the posted date.
We’ve also made several report enhancements.
- NEW: Added the ability to Export or Copy the comparison or summary report to a spreadsheet providing more flexibility in analyzing the data or printing.
- NEW: Added a new option in the comparison report customize dialog that allows one to easily compare the current period with the previous period. For example, you can compare the current quarter with the previous quarter. Before we only had an option to compare against the prior year.
- NEW: The summary report now has a new Total column.
- NEW: Added the ability to scale comparison, summary and budget report print outs. This feature appears in the print dialog.
- IMPROVED: Improved the comparison report difference column by applying better color coding and negative sign use. Thanks to our beta testers who helped us figure out the best solution.
We’ve fixed several bugs too.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that caused some payee names to appear abridged or truncated.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the entered security name wouldn’t automatically appear in the New Security screen after selecting Add New Security. You would have to type it in again.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the Budget Totals column wouldn’t remember whether the last used setting was year to date or entire year.
- FIXED: Previously budgets could only be edited 1 year into the future. Now there is virtually no limitation.
- FIXED: Fixed the uncategorized transaction link on the home screen. Clicking it now takes you to a list of uncategorized transactions.
- FIXED: Eliminated the End Date tab that appeared in the reconcile dialog since it got in the way of seeing the date of the last transaction.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that would occur when completing reconcile after using the Start Fresh feature.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where manually entered transactions that were entered before the end of the reconcile period but posted after would throw off reconcile calculations.
- FIXED: Fixed one of the top crashing issues. In the reconcile screen, the app would crash when pressing the enter key on a date field.
- FIXED: Fixed another top crashing issue that occurred when clicking on future dated scheduled transactions in the calendar view.
Version 4.3.1 (11/2016)
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in custom reports where drill down reports would accidentally alter the Category or Payee Summary report. If you run into this issue, the fix is pretty easy. Just go to Customize on the Category Summary report and click on the None button under the Categories pane which basically resets the report back to its default. Similarly if you want to get back to the default Payee Report, go to Customize, select Payee tab and click on None.
Version 4.3.0 (11/2016)
We continue to add new features to Quicken 2017.
- NEW: Added the ability to see transaction details by clicking and drilling down on custom report amounts.
- NEW: Added printing for 12-Month budgets. Re-enabled printing for 1-Month budgets.
- NEW: Added the ability to set the currency for a budget.
- NEW: Added a quick way to enter transfers by typing a bracket to display account names in the category field. This is a feature that was in both Quicken 2007 and Windows. Brackets in category names will be converted to parentheses.
- NEW: Added a new File menu item that allows you to quickly find your file in the Finder.
- NEW: Added the ability to switch a file to a different Intuit ID.
- NEW: Redesigned the Account Settings Bill Pay tab.
- NEW: Added the number 17 to the Quicken app icon to differentiate it from previous versions on the dock.
- NEW: Added a new Report a Problem feedback form under the Help menu to allow customers to easily send log files to our development team to help us fix issues faster.
We also fixed a number of really important bugs.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where an account's currency setting was being changed to US Dollars after syncing.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where scheduled transactions in investment accounts weren't showing up under the Bills view.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in the new custom reports where the difference values had the incorrect sign.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in the new custom reports where the wrong currency symbol would appear.
- FIXED: Fixed a long standing issue where securities from the same company couldn't be manually entered because Quicken would get confused between the two. For example, selecting GOOGL would get changed to GOOG.
- FIXED: Fixed another long standing issue where Quicken would double count cash balances in some brokerage accounts because cash was held or reported as a security. This occurred in a number of professionally managed accounts.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the net worth amount appeared over the label after shrinking the sidebar.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the reconcile flag wasn't being recorded on transfer to buy transactions imported from Quicken 2007.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the payee filter didn't work correctly in reports.
- FIXED: Added missing tool tips to all of the register icons including the pencils and envelopes.
- FIXED: Fixed the investment day change value so that it resets at midnight.
- FIXED: Fixed the #1 crashing bug that could occur when converting a Quicken 2007 file and quitting the app after selecting the mobile option.
Version 4.2.1 (10/2016)
- NEW: Added summary reports to the new customized report feature.
- NEW: Added the ability to set the sidebar display balance to either Today or Projected.
- NEW: Added the ability to shrink the width of the sidebar and auto-hide balances.
- NEW: Added the ability to set a home currency for the sidebar and exclude foreign currency accounts from balances.
- NEW: Added main menus for Reports, Budgets and Bill Pay.
- NEW: Made it more obvious how to open a 2017 file during the first use experience.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in reports where expired short sales didn't appear.
Version 4.1.1 (9/2016)
- NEW: Compare your income and spending against prior years with new, customizable reports.
- NEW: Pay your bills in Quicken, now with Quicken Bill Pay (fees apply).
- NEW: Get more power on the go with our improved mobile app.
- NEW: Enjoy a new look that’s easier to use and navigate.