Quicken 2017 for Mac Release Notes
Quicken for Mac 2017
How to Update Quicken
- Select the Quicken 2017 Menu > Check for updates
We continue to add new features to Quicken 2017.
- NEW: Added the ability to see transaction details by clicking and drilling down on custom report amounts.
- NEW: Added printing for 12-Month budgets. Re-enabled printing for 1-Month budgets.
- NEW: Added the ability to set the currency for a budget.
- NEW: Added a quick way to enter transfers by typing a bracket to display account names in the category field. This is a feature that was in both Quicken 2007 and Windows. Brackets in category names will be converted to parentheses.
- NEW: Added a new File menu item that allows you to quickly find your file in the Finder.
- NEW: Added the ability to switch a file to a different Intuit ID.
- NEW: Redesigned the Account Settings Bill Pay tab.
- NEW: Added the number 17 to the Quicken app icon to differentiate it from previous versions on the dock.
- NEW: Added a new Report a Problem feedback form under the Help menu to allow customers to easily send log files to our development team to help us fix issues faster.
We also fixed a number of really important bugs.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where an account's currency setting was being changed to US Dollars after syncing.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where scheduled transactions in investment accounts weren't showing up under the Bills view.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in the new custom reports where the difference values had the incorrect sign.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue in the new custom reports where the wrong currency symbol would appear.
- FIXED: Fixed a long standing issue where securities from the same company couldn't be manually entered because Quicken would get confused between the two. For example, selecting GOOGL would get changed to GOOG.
- FIXED: Fixed another long standing issue where Quicken would double count cash balances in some brokerage accounts because cash was held or reported as a security. This occurred in a number of professionally managed accounts.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the net worth amount appeared over the label after shrinking the sidebar.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the reconcile flag wasn't being recorded on transfer to buy transactions imported from Quicken 2007.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the payee filter didn't work correctly in reports.
- FIXED: Added missing tool tips to all of the register icons including the pencils and envelopes.
- FIXED: Fixed the investment day change value so that it resets at midnight.
- FIXED: Fixed the #1 crashing bug that could occur when converting a Quicken 2007 file and quitting the app after selecting the mobile option.