Quicken 2017 for Windows Update and Mondo Patch
Updates for Quicken 2017 for Windows can be found here, when available.
Note: If you're a few updates behind, you only need to download the most recent update. You can check what release you are currently on by going to Help > About Quicken.
Download and Install the Latest Update (US Versions)
If you don't download financial updates from your bank or use Billpay, you can download the Manual update.
Mondo Patch Update
If you are unable to update Quicken, or if you receive an error while updating, the Mondo Patch Update should help. The Mondo Patch Update is like a regular update, except it updates all Quicken files (whether updates are needed or not). Because of its size, this update can take a little longer to install.
Download the Mondo Patch Update (148.1MB)
Download the Manual Update (32.3MB)
- Click on the link above for the update you prefer (these steps apply to both).
- Choose Save As, then browse to your desktop and save it there. If you get a prompt asking if you want to allow the program to make changes, you will need to allow.
- From your desktop, right-click the newly downloaded file QW2017R6Patch or QW2017R6MPatch and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- When finished, you can verify the release version of Quicken by selecting the Help menu in the software and choosing About Quicken.
Download and Install the Latest Update (Canadian Versions)
Manual and Mondo Patch Updates TBD
Release R6 (April 2017)
Important upgrade for Online Bills
- Upgrade: The Quicken Online bills service has been upgraded to provide a higher quality of service and security. Quicken now supports 8,000+ billers and we will continue to add new billers. To complete this upgrade, you may be prompted to re-login to some of your biller accounts.
Fixed: An issue in 2017 R5 where setting Quicken to start on an account register (in Preferences > Startup) would cause Quicken to open with a "Review downloaded payee" message on screen. (A similar message could also be seen when performing a backup while viewing an account register).
Release R5 (March 2017)
Fixed: An issue where Quicken was not opening on 'Full Screen' mode on dual monitors.
Fixed: An issue with 'Online bills' where when you reset your cloud account, you will not be able to access your old bills nor re-add the same bills.
Fixed: An issue where the task bar (when set on top) hides the quicken menus.
Fixed: An issue where OSU would display a spinner forever.
Fixed: An issue where portfolio X-Ray would fail with an error.
Fixed: Minor cosmetic issues related to the new design.
Fixed: An issue where investment accounts had the 'Red flag' even if there were no transactions to be accepted.
Fixed: An issue where when you copy clipboard on reports, it produces distorted text.
Fixed: An issue where 'Net worth and Balances' report was not showing up for some data files.
Fixed: An issue where Growth of 10k graph was not calculating the data points correctly.
Fixed: An issue where the register fields were not aligned when the row height was set to 'Comfort' or 'Standard'.
Fixed: An issue where One Step Update would always display error for Online Bills refresh.
Fixed: An issue where 'Sold' transaction would result in incorrect cash balance if the sale price is less than the commission paid.
Fixed: An issue where soldX transactions would be reflected incorrectly if there was a Realized Gain.
Fixed: An issue where Mileage Rate was incorrect.
Fixed: An issue where the field for entering 'Estimated current value of the vehicle' was missing for asset accounts.
Fixed: An issue where Corporate Spin offs were not calculating the Return of Capital correctly.
Enhancement: You can now sync multiple data files to Quicken mobile app. When you sign in to the mobile app, you will be asked to choose the data file that you wish to see on the app.
For previous release notes, click here