Quicken is currently unable to verify financial institution information for download
If you're using Quicken 2016
This error occurs because the connected services for Quicken 2016 have been discontinued. For more information about our discontinuation policy, please see Currently Supported Quicken Products.
This message occurs for one of the following reasons:
- The system date is incorrect. This happens when daylight savings kicks in, but your computer doesn't.
- The release of Quicken is not supported by the financial institution.
- The financial institution information is incorrect or missing.
- The financial institution may not support that account type.
First, refresh your account information with the bank:
- Select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
- Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and select the financial institution.
- Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
- Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list.
- Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
- Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
- Attempt your online session again.
If the issue persists, try deactivating the account:
- Select the Tools menu and select Account List.
- In the Account List, select the account you want to deactivate, and then click Edit.
- In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
- Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service.
- Click OK.
- Attempt your online session again. If this doesn't resolve the issue, continue with the steps below.
Confirm the system time and date are correct:
- Double-click Date and Time on your Windows toolbar at the bottom of your screen, and verify that the date is correct. If the date is incorrect, change it and click Apply. You may also need to check the Time Zone tab to see if it correct, too.
- Click OK and try the transaction download again.
Lastly, check that you are on the latest Quicken release and update if necessary:
- Go to Help > Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, a prompt will appear giving you the option to install it.
- Click Yes to install the update.