Quicken Order Questions
Not sure which product is right for you? You can compare our products before you buy.
Before You Purchase
- Can I install Quicken on multiple computers?Yes. You can install Quicken on up to three computers in the same household.
- How do I install Quicken on more than one computer?If you purchased a CD, you can use that same Quicken CD to install Quicken on up to three computers in your household. The installation will work just as the first installation did.
If you purchased a download, you can log in to your Quicken.com account from up to three different computers and download Quicken, just as you did with your first installation.
Note: we don't recommend sharing or attempting to sync Quicken data files between computers, as this may lead to data file damage. Our Quicken Mobile App will allow you to view your synced Quicken accounts from several different mobile devices if you choose.
- How do I upgrade my current version of Quicken? What is the upgrade price?Each time you purchase Quicken, you're purchasing a full Quicken version that will convert your existing Quicken file(s). There is no specific upgrade, or upgrade pricing, for Quicken, though we do offer periodic purchase discounts to our customers. For example, if you have Quicken Deluxe 2016 and want to upgrade to Quicken Deluxe 2017, you'll purchase a full version of Quicken Deluxe 2017 at the current price.
- What version of Quicken should I buy to upgrade?The easiest way to upgrade is to buy the latest version of your specific Quicken product, or add features by updating to a higher product version; for example, you'd upgrade from Quicken for Windows Deluxe 2016 to Quicken for Windows Deluxe 2017. NOTE: If you're already using Quicken, you won't be able to upgrade to Starter Edition, unless you're already using Starter Edition. For example, you can move from Starter Edition 2016 to Stater Edition 2017, but not from Deluxe 2016 to Starter Edition 2017. You should also be sure to buy the product that works with your operating system; there are several versions of Quicken for Windows, but only one version of Quicken for Mac.
- What are the Quicken System requirements?You can view the full system requirements for all of the supported Quicken versions here.
- What's the difference between the download and CD versions of the Quicken product?In terms of product functionality, there is no difference between the downloaded product and the CD product, so the choice is up to you! More and more computer systems are being sold without CD drives, so we recommend confirming before you purchase a CD.
- Can I purchase Quicken outside of the U.S. or Canada?No. Currently, our products aren't designed to work with countries outside of the U.S. or Canada, so you won't be able to purchase these products with a non-U.S. or Canadian address.
- What type of payment do you accept?Orders must be charged on a major credit card. Quicken will fulfill orders charged to valid American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa accounts. Be sure to enter your card number, expiration date and personal data accurately. Review this information carefully when your completed order is displayed before submitting it.
- I am experiencing problems using this website.Occasionally, this website may not function properly with certain computers and configurations. Try quitting and restarting your internet browser and make sure your browser accepts cookies. If you continue to experience problems, please try to access the website at a later time or contact our Customer Care team to help you with your purchase.
- Where can I find information about Quicken's Privacy and Security Policies?Quicken adheres to strict policies concerning the privacy and security of our customers' information. When you order online from our website, we support encryption of your transaction information as it is transmitted to us and we have adopted leading industry privacy guidelines. For more information on our privacy practices, please see our privacy statement.
- Where can I purchase Canadian software?To purchase the Canadian version of our products, please visit the Quicken Canada website. The Canadian version of Quicken is usually available 1-2 months after the U.S. version of Quicken is released. Only the Canadian version will allow you to connect to Canadian financial institutions. The 2017 release of Quicken Canada products will be available in late January, 2017.
Sales Tax Questions
- How does Quicken calculate sales tax charges?
The sales tax charged for an individual transaction is based on the Ship-To address, which is defined as the location where the product is ultimately to be shipped/sent.* The applicable sales tax charged is based on the ZIP code within the specific state where the product has been sent.
The amount charged will include all state, county, and local taxes as required by law. In most cases, these taxes will apply to the shipping and handling fee as well as the product price.
* Quicken does not collect sales tax on products shipped to Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon, as these five states do not currently impose a sales tax.
- Why does Quicken collect sales tax on Internet sales? Didn't Congress pass a law prohibiting this?
Although Quicken does generate a large portion of multi-state sales via the Internet, Quicken does business in each state and the taxing authorities of the individual states have previously determined that Quicken has a legal presence (commonly referred to as "Nexus") in their respective states. Therefore, Quicken is required to collect and remit the applicable sales tax for all taxable transactions in their state.
Congress did pass a moratorium on taxable transactions that are generated exclusively through the Internet. However, any company that already has Nexus in a state (such as Quicken) is still required to conform to existing state laws regarding collecting and remitting sales tax on taxable transactions that occur in that state.
- Why do you collect sales tax on the shipping and handling fee?
Although some states do not require sales tax on a separately stated, reasonable shipping charge, this charge is generally regarded as taxable when it is combined with a handling fee.
Because Quicken charges a shipping and handling fee, applicable sales tax* is collected on this fee, in addition to the tangible product.
* Excluding Idaho, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Oklahoma, as these four states do not currently require sales tax on the shipping and handling fee.
After You Purchase
- How will I know if my order has been shipped?Once we ship your order (usually within 1-2 business days), we will send you an e-mail notification that your order has shipped. You can also check the status of your order using our Order Status tool.
- How do I change or cancel my order?
If you placed your order for Quicken online, you may be able to cancel it online. If you placed your order online within the last 45 minutes, a cancel button will appear on the Order Details page once you have signed in to the Order Status tool. Click the Cancel button to cancel your order. If your order has passed the point of online cancellation, you will not see the Cancel button.
If you did not place your order online or you placed your online order more than 45 minutes ago, you can submit a request to Cancel an Order if the items have not been shipped. Please view our Return Policy for instructions if your order has already shipped and you would like to return your order.
Once a portion of your order has been fulfilled, you can no longer cancel your order online. For orders that have been partially fulfilled, please contact Customer Care.
Note: Orders containing products that are downloads or unlocks cannot be cancelled online. To request a refund for a download or unlock order, please see our return policy for instructions.
- What is Quicken's guarantee or return policy?
Try Quicken for up to 60 days at no risk. If you're not 100% satisfied for any reason, you can request a refund within 60 days of purchase.
For more detailed information on Quicken's guarantee and return policy, see Quicken's return policy.
- How can I get help using a Quicken product?Quicken support provides existing customers with assistance in installation and product setup. Visit us at http://www.Quicken.com/support.
- I ordered two products but only one product arrived.Quicken products ship at different times. If you placed an order for two products that ship at different times the product that is available immediately (or available first) will be shipped first; the second product will be shipped later when it is available. Quicken charges one shipping charge per order; you will not be charged more than once for an order that has products that ship at different times.
- How do I edit my account information?
If you have set up an account, you can update your billing/shipping address and contact information including your e-mail, plus your payment information at any time by visiting the My Account page.
Please note: Quicken does not share your contact information with third parties for their promotional use. We may, however, use your contact information to send you special offers about products or services that may benefit you. If you would prefer not to receive this information, please select your contact preferences by visiting https://www.quicken.com/privacy/2016.
- How do I check the status of my order?You can check the status of your order by using our Order Status tool.