Quicken Says There Are Transactions to Accept But I Do Not See Any
In some cases, Quicken will tell you that you have downloaded transactions to accept but you do not see any transactions that can be accepted.
Before you begin
Ensure the Search bar above the register is cleared. Text in the Search bar will adjust the register to only show transactions that match that text.
First, turn automatic entry off
- Press Ctrl+A on the keyboard to bring up the Account List, then click the Edit button next to the affected account in the list.
- In the Account Details window, click on the Online Services tab then click Automatic entry is.
- Select No on the next dialog box and click OK. Automatic entry should show as "Off" now.
- Click OK to close the Account Details window, then click Done on the Account List.
- Close Quicken, wait a few seconds, then re-open it. The transactions should appear upon re-opening Quicken.
Note: If you have multiple accounts affected by this issue, you can make the change outlined above to all the accounts at once by going to Edit > Preferences, then going to Downloaded transactions and unchecking the box next to Automatically add to banking registers.
Then, check the account register and Online Center
Quicken will show you downloaded transactions in multiple locations. The following information shows you how to check for downloaded transactions in the account register and Online Center.
Open the account register and select Downloaded Transactions at the bottom of the register.
If there are transactions listed, accept them to the register.
If there are not any transactions listed, proceed with the next step.
Choose the Tools menu > Online Center.
Select the appropriate financial institution and account.
If transactions are listed, click Compare to Register and accept the transactions. Note: Compare to Register will display online payments on the initial screen. After accepting your online payments, click Continue, Next or Done to see the rest of your downloaded transactions.
If no transactions are listed or Compare to Register does not allow you to accept the transactions, proceed to the next section.
Lastly, correct data issues
If the Quicken data file is damaged, you might receive prompts about downloaded transactions when you don't have any downloaded transactions.
If you know when this issue began, the best solution is to restore a backup created before this issue began.
If you do not have a backup to restore, Quicken has a built-in utility, Validate, that will correct many data issues. Please note this does not correct all issues and these steps should be taken if the other steps outlined did not resolve the problem.
- Choose the File menu > File Operations > Copy.
- Accept all defaults and click OK.
- Open the New Copy when prompted.
- Choose the File menu > File Operations > Validate.
- Select the new copy created in step 2 and click OK.
Note: Depending on the size of your data file, you may need to wait a while for the validation process to finish. Do not use the Task Manager to close Quicken. Quicken displays an error message if it cannot validate the file. If Quicken is able to validate the file and any errors are found, Quicken displays a message, "Data losses were found in your file". You can view the log file for more information.
- Perform a One Step Update and complete the Check the account register... section steps above again.
You can also find more information pertaining to data file troubleshooting by clicking here.
If the issue persists, you can Contact Quicken Support.