Quicken Shows Splash Screen From Unused Financial Institution Upon Opening
When you open Quicken, a splash screen may appear for an old bank that you have used at least one, but no longer use, and you would like to remove it.
The financial institution has paid to have their banner displayed on the Quicken opening splash screen and at least one account from that financial institution has been updated at least once through Quicken on this computer. Even if you have disabled online banking through that financial institution and/or deleted the account in your Quicken file, the banner still resides on your computer.
To remove that banner, delete the bank branding folder from your system.
Note: You must be able to View Hidden Files & Folders to find the branding folder:
To determine which is the offending branding folder:
- Open the FIDir.txt in Notepad:
- Quicken 2017: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2017
- Subscription Release of Quicken: C:\Program Data\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019
- Perform a Find (Ctrl + F or Edit > Find) for your bank name (example: Capital One).
- The three numbers to the left of the bank name in the FIDir.txt are the bank Identifiers - they may be the same or there may be a different number in the set of three.
The branding folder will be named one of these numbers (example: 02201 = Compass Bank). This is the folder you will be deleting.
To locate the branding folder:
- Quicken 2017: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Quicken\[branding folder]
- Subscription Release of Quicken: C:\Program Data\Quicken\[branding folder]
If you inadvertently delete the wrong folder, don't worry - Quicken will recreate that folder the next time you update the account(s) with the bank. Only deactivated accounts will not recreate a deleted Branding folder.