Update on Quicken for Mac 2007 Support Policies (November 2019)
Update (November 2019)
You can now convert your data from Quicken 2007 to Quicken Mac 2019/2020 (Subscription Release) before or after installing macOS Catalina:
When upgrading to Quicken for Mac 2019/2020, Quicken will now temporarily upload a file to a new cloud-based converter that will convert the file, transfer it back to Quicken Mac 2019/2020 for import, and then delete the cloud file.
After installing Quicken for Mac 2019/2020, you will be prompted to select which version of Quicken you will be converting. Simply select Start from a Quicken Mac 2007 file, click Next, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Update (October 2019)
macOS Catalina and the service provider update that disabled transaction download in Quicken 2007 have been released.
Update (July 2019)
The upcoming macOS update, Catalina, will be coming this fall. We have verified that Catalina will no longer support 32-bit apps.
- Quicken 2007 is a 32-bit app and will not work on the next macOS update.
- Converting your Quicken 2007 data to the latest version of Quicken will be difficult, as the Quicken 2007 conversion tool is also a 32-bit app and will not work with Catalina.
- If you have more questions about Apple’s decision to end 32-bit app support, please click here to go to Apple's FAQ page to get a more detailed explanation.
Due to an upcoming security and reliability update from the service provider, the ability to download transactions will no longer work in Quicken 2007, regardless of your macOS version.
Options for Quicken 2007 Users
There are a couple of ways to continue using Quicken:
Keep using macOS High Sierra or earlier. As long as you do not update to Catalina, you can continue using Quicken 2007. However, please note that transaction download will not be available.
Upgrade to try Quicken 2019/2020 (Subscription Release). If you’re not fully satisfied, you can take advantage of our 30-day money back guarantee.
If you have questions about the differences between Quicken 2007 and Quicken 2019/2020, the best place for information is the Quicken Community.
Converting your Quicken for Mac 2007 (or older) file
This conversion can only be completed on a Mac system that has not been updated to macOS Catalina.
- Install the latest version of Quicken for Mac.
- Select the Start from a Quicken Mac 2007 file option.
See the "Convert from Quicken 2007 for Mac" section in this FAQ for more information about converting to a new version of Quicken for Mac.
Please note that this conversion may not be successful, given the age of your data file; we recommend that you open a new data file in the latest version of Quicken, for stability.
Original Announcement (May 2016)
The Quicken team is committed to delivering a great Mac product to our customers. We are in the midst of doubling the size of our Mac engineering team, and our engineers are hard at work on improving Quicken for Mac 2016 and 2017, and building a robust Quicken for Mac 2018.
In order to focus our Mac engineering efforts on products that are built to run on Apple’s latest computers and operating systems, we have ended support of Quicken for Mac 2007 with the release of Quicken for Mac 2017.
What this means:
- The Quicken Customer Care team will no longer take support calls or chats, and the Quicken Mac development team will no longer fix security issues, for Quicken for Mac 2007.
- You may continue to use Quicken for Mac 2007 for as long as you like and for as long as it continues to run, but be aware that the product may stop working if Apple removes legacy technology, which Apple has warned will happen in a future version of macOS (previously OS X). We’ll update this webpage if we discover that a version of macOS has been released that will prevent Quicken for Mac 2007 from running.