Converting to the Subscription Release of Quicken for Mac: What data gets carried over?
Converting from Quicken Essentials
If you’re migrating from Quicken Essentials, all of your data is carried over to the new Quicken data file.
Please note, the last macOS that Quicken Essentials is compatible with is OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
Converting from Quicken for Mac 2007 or Quicken for Windows
Before you begin: Quicken 2007 is not compatible with the upcoming macOS, Catalina. For more information, click here.
If you're converting from Quicken for Mac 2007 or Quicken for Windows; most, but not all of your data, can be converted to the new Quicken data file.
Data that is carried over:
- All transactions
- Scheduled transactions
- Classes and tags (these are both called "tags" in the Subscription Release of Quicken)
- Loan details
Data that is not carried over:
- Online banking download setups (Quicken for Mac and Windows): If you've set up accounts to download data from your financial institutions into your Quicken for Mac or Quicken for Windows data file, the information about your financial institutions and your user ID's will be typically carried over to the Subscription Release of Quicken but there may be additional setup required such as adding passwords to make everything work properly.
- Custom reports: The Subscription Release will not import any custom reports you created in your old data file.
- Online banking passwords (Quicken for Mac and Windows): You will have to re-enter your passwords the first time you update your accounts in the Subscription Release.
- Attachments: Attachments from Quicken for Windows are not imported.
- Budgets: Budgets are not carried over from Quicken for Mac or Quicken for Windows files.
- Data from the more advanced features in Quicken for Mac and Windows. For example, the following data is not imported: business data, rental property data, lifetime planner data, cash flow forecast data, budget data, spending plan data, debt reduction data, emergency tax records data, and home inventory manager data.
- List of Payee addresses: List of payee addresses from Quicken for Windows are not converted to the Subscription Release of Quicken for Mac.
What's different from other versions of Quicken
As much as we improved the experience of using Quicken when we rebuilt it from the ground up, there are some features you may have been using in Quicken for Mac (or Quicken for Windows) that we didn't include in the Subscription Release of Quicken for Mac. It does not include some of the existing advanced features, such as Business features, Rental Property, lifetime planner, debt reduction plan, emergency tax records, tax planner, and home inventory manager.