What if I have a color printer, but I can't print in color? (Quicken for Windows)
Before you begin
Make sure that you're using the correct printer driver. You can do this by searching the internet for your printer model number and the word "driver." You can also go to the manufacturer's support page and search for the drivers for your printer model.
First, confirm the printer options are set to color
If you determine that you've installed the correct driver for your color printer, and you're printing a report, check your settings in the Print dialog.
- With the report on your screen, click Print to display the Print dialog.
- In the Ink Color area, select the Color option and click Print.
Second, try printing in another program
Open another program you can print from and try printing in color. If color printing also fails in that application, there may be an issue with the printer, or it may be out of color ink.
If the issue persists
If this solution doesn't fix the problem, or you're printing a graph, you may have a printer that can override color printing. If your printer has this property:
- Choose Start > Settings > Printers.
- Double-click the name of your printer in the list.
- Choose Printer menu > Properties.
- Check whether your printer has a noncolor option, and make sure that it isn't selected.
If the issue still persists, refer to your printer manufacturer's support for further assistance.