Workaround for Display Issues on High Resolution Monitors
Some Quicken users with high resolution monitors experience display problems (distortion, odd graphics, etc.).
Before you begin
- The issue could simply be caused by a scaling setting. Please review this article first before attempting to use the workaround provided below.
- If you do not have QW.exe.Manifest or FixQuickenHiRes on your system, the steps listed below will not resolve your issue.
To resolve this issue:
Delete QW.exe.Manifest from your Quicken Program Files folder.
- Right-click the Start menu and select File Explorer.
- Go to the Quicken Program Files folder
- Location on 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken
- Location on 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Quicken
- Right-click QW.exe.Manifest and select Delete.
You can also remove FixQuickenHiRes from your computer.
If you use PreferExternalManifest for programs other than Quicken, you won't want to use the RemoveFix process, as this will update the settings for those other programs as well.
To remove FixQuickenHiRes:
- Right-click RemoveFixQuickenHiRes, then select Save Link As....
- Select a location to save the file and click Save.
- Double-click on the RemoveFixQuickenHiRes.reg file.