Workaround for Display Issues on High Resolution Monitors
Some Quicken users with high resolution monitors experience display problems (distortion, odd graphics, etc.).
We have a workaround provided by our customers on Quicken Community; this may result in pixelization on some icons, but has been reported to work well for Quicken resolution issues. Special thanks Quicken User "Chris" who found the fix, and to Dan Antonielli, the original source of this work-around for the same kind of problems in Adobe products.
To resolve this issue:
Step 1: Download two files
- Create a new folder on your computer's desktop.
- Download QW.exe.Manifest and save this file to the new folder.
- Right click FixQuickenHiRes then select Save Link As... Save the file to the new folder.
- Open the new folder and double click on FixQuickenHiRes.reg. Click through any security warnings to run the file.
Step 2: Copy QW.exe.Manifest to your Quicken Program Files
- Open your Quicken Progran Files folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken on 64-bit Windows or C:\Program Files\Quicken on 32-bit Windows).
- Copy the Qw.exe.Manifest downloaded in step 1 to the Program Files.
To undo these changes:
Delete QW.exe.Manifest from your Quicken Program Files folder. If you want to remove FixQuickenHiRes from your computer, right click RemoveFixQuickenHiRes then select Save Link As... Save the file. Double-click on the RemoveFixQuickenHiRes.reg file.
NOTE: If you use PreferExternalManifest for programs other than Quicken, you won't want to use the RemoveFix process, as this will update the settings for those other programs as well.