Adding the Quicken Credit Card to more than one Quicken Data File
After adding your Quicken Credit Card to one Quicken data file, you may want to add it to other files you manage. Because of specific security requirements, Quicken will require that you change your account password each time you add this account to a new data file. The new password you create will then be the correct password for each of your Quicken Credit Card accounts.
- After adding your Quicken Credit Card account to the first data file, open your second data file.
- Go through the process of adding your Quicken Credit Card to the second data file.
- When prompted to enter your Quicken Card Access ID and password, you will need to enter the current password you created for the Quicken Credit Card on your first data file.
- When prompted, change your password again.
- The new password on your second file is now the password for the Quicken Credit Card in both your second data file and your first data file.
You will need to follow this process for each data file you add the Quicken Credit Card to; the most recent new password will always be the password for all of your Quicken Credit Card accounts in Quicken.
Quicken for Windows users: You will need to update the Quicken Credit Card password in the Password Vault in the first data file if you had saved it there. Go to Tools > Password Vault to update the password.
Quicken for Mac users: Quicken will automatically prompt you to change your password when you update your US Bank account. To do this manually, go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access. Search for “Quicken password” and the entry for your US Bank Quicken Credit Card. Double-click the entry and select the Show password checkbox to edit the entry with the updated password.
If you sync your Quicken Credit Card for Mobile or Web access: Make sure you sync your first data file after you update your password to ensure that your web and mobile apps are also up-to-date. If you see a password error on web or mobile, just follow the prompts in the app.