Blank/White Registration or "Success" Screen
Blank or white screen upon trying to register Quicken software (or blank "Success" screen after registration) on Windows 10 and macOS.
First, if you receive the Blank "Success" screen in the Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows
- Download the latest update here if you have not done so already.
- After completing the update, open Quicken.
- Hold the Control key and select File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair.
- Check the Validate file box and click OK.
If initiated correctly, the Validate file checkbox will also show the message "Authentication block will be fixed" as pictured above.
- Try to sign in again.
Next, sign out of Quicken and sign back in
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts. If you are unable to see your Edit > Preferences menu, continue to the next section.
- Click Sign in as a different user.
- Type "yes" to confirm and click Sign Out.
- After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
Third, close Quicken and reopen it
There are some instances in which Quicken simply needs to be closed and reopened for the Sign-in screen to load. Try this a few times before moving on to the next steps.
Fourth, try connecting to the Quicken ID login website
- Close Quicken.
- Launch a web browser.
- Go to the Quicken My Account login page. If the webpage appears, then the system can connect to the Quicken ID server. If the webpage cannot be displayed, follow internet connectivity troubleshooting.
Fifth, turn off the Firewall
How to turn off the Firewall (Windows 10)
- Open the Control Panel. The Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.
- In the Control Panel, select System and Security.
- Now in System and Security select Windows Firewall.
- Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- If you are given the option to turn off the Private and Public Firewalls, select to turn both off.
- Once turned off, click OK.
How to turn off the Firewall (macOS)
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click Security or Security & Privacy.
- Click the Firewall tab.
- Unlock the pane by clicking the lock in the lower-left corner and enter the administrator username and password.
- Click Turn Off Firewall
Lastly, create a new admin account
- Check to see if there is a hidden Administrator account on the computer.
- Go to Settings > Accounts.
- Select Family & other people.
- Verify there are no hidden users. If there are none, please proceed to the next step.
- Create a new user administrator on the computer.
- How to create a new user account in Windows 10To set up a new user account on Windows 10:
- Click the Start button, and then select Settings.
- Select Accounts > Family & other people.
- Under Other people, select Add someone else to this PC.
- At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- At the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select Next.
- Select Finish.
- How to create a new user account in macOSTo set up a new user account on macOS:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
- Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click Add (+) below the list of users. Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose a type of user.
Administrator: An administrator can add and manage other users, install apps, and change settings. The new user you create when you first set up your Mac is an administrator. Your Mac can have multiple administrators. You can create new ones, and convert standard users to administrators. Don’t set up automatic login for an administrator. If you do, someone could simply restart your Mac and gain access with administrator privileges. To keep your Mac secure, don’t share administrator names and passwords.
- Enter a full name for the new user. An account name is generated automatically. To use a different account name, enter it now—you can’t change it later.
- Enter a password for the user, then enter it again to verify. Using a password hint is recommended to help the user remember his or her password.
- Click Create User.
If the issue persists, contact Quicken Support.