How to create a new data file and switch between data files in Quicken for Mac
To create a new data file
- Select File > New.
- Select Start from scratch and click Next.
- Set your mobile sync preference including a nickname for your Cloud Account (you can change this at any time) and click Next.
- After these steps, the Add Account dialog will automatically appear so you can add your financial accounts to Quicken.
For more information on the Add Account process, click here.
Switching between data files
To open a recently used file (or switch between files):
- Choose File > Open Recent and choose from the list.
- Select the data file you want to open.