How do I add additional features to Quicken 2014 and newer?
What does it mean to "Add Additional Features" to Quicken?
When you add additional features to your Quicken program, you're purchasing a higher tiered version of Quicken, adding more features without having to pay the full price for a separate copy of Quicken.
- If you have Quicken 2014, 2015, or 2016 Starter Edition, you can go to Quicken 2014, 2015, or 2016 Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business.
- If you have Quicken 2014, 2015, or 2016 Deluxe, you can go to Quicken 2014, 2015, or 2016 Premier or Home & Business.
- If you have Quicken 2014, 2015, or 2016 Premier, you can go to Quicken 2014, 2015, or 2016 Home & Business.
How do I add new features to Quicken?
Your options to add new features in Quicken will depend on which product edition you are currently using.
- Choose Help menu, then select which features you would like to add to your current product.
As an example, the option above can been seen using Starter Edition. For every tier higher you have, the less options you have.
- If you choose Add Retirements and Other Planning Tools, you'll get the Quicken Deluxe edition.
- If you choose Add More Investing & Tax Tools, you'll get the Quicken Premier edition.
- If you choose Add Business Tools, you'll get the Quicken Home & Business edition.
- If you choose Add Rental Property Tools, you'll get the Quicken Rental Property Manager edition.
- Review the information about the features you want to add.
- Click Order Online and proceed with the order process (For automatic unlock, do not click any other Shop Intuit product pages).
- During checkout, create a Shop Intuit account that includes a member ID and password. If you already have a Quicken.com or TurboTax sign-in, you may use it as the Web ID instead.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit your order for the new features.
- Additional Information
- You must have Internet Explorer set to accept cookies.
- If you reinstall Quicken (on a different computer, for example) you will need to add new features again.
- There is no charge to unlock Quicken a second or subsequent time.
- You must add new features from within the Quicken software.
- You need administrator rights to upgrade Quicken. If you need additional assistance, refer to the manufacturer's instructions for the operating system.
I bought a new computer and need to install Quicken again.
- Sign in to your Quicken.com account using your Intuit ID. Don't worry, we'll help you retrieve your username and/or password if you need help.
- Select Downloads & Unlocks on the left.
- You'll then find your available products you've purchased on the right. Click Download next to the appropriate program to begin the download.
- Once the download is complete, find it and install Quicken.