How do I unlock additional features in Quicken?
What does it mean to "Unlock Additional Features" in Quicken?
When you unlock additional features in your Quicken program, you're purchasing a higher tiered version of Quicken. This adds more features without having to pay the full price for a separate copy of Quicken.
The following applies only to Quicken 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017:
- If you have Quicken Starter Edition, you can go to Quicken Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager.
- If you have Quicken Deluxe, you can go to Quicken Premier, Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager.
- If you have Quicken Premier, you can go to Quicken Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager.
- If you have Quicken Home & Business, you can go to Quicken Rental Property Manager.
How do I add new features to Quicken?
Your options to add new features in Quicken will depend on which product edition you are currently using.
- Choose Help menu, then select which features you would like to add to your current product.
As an example, the options above can be seen using Starter Edition. For every higher tier you have, the less remaining options there will be.
- If you choose Add Retirement & Other Planning Tools, you'll get the Quicken Deluxe edition.
- If you choose Add More Investing & Tax Tools, you'll get the Quicken Premier edition.
- If you choose Add Business Tools, you'll get the Quicken Home & Business edition.
- If you choose Add Rental Property Tools, you'll get the Quicken Rental Property Manager edition.
- Review the information about the features you want to add.
- Click Add To Cart and proceed with the order process.
- You may be prompted to sign in during the process. Use the same Intuit ID you use to sign in to Quicken with.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit your order for the new features.
I bought a new computer and need to install Quicken again.
What if I need help with the username and/or password I use on Quicken.com?
- You must have Internet Explorer set to accept cookies.
- If you reinstall Quicken (on a different computer, for example) you will need to unlock new features again. Please Contact Support for assistance.
- There is no charge to unlock Quicken a second or subsequent time.
- You must add new features from within the Quicken software.
- You need administrator rights on your computer to upgrade Quicken. If you need additional assistance, refer to the manufacturer's instructions for the operating system.