Message When Using Online Services: CC-587
You may receive the following message while using online services in Quicken:
Error CC-587 occurs when your financial institution tells Quicken that your login is incorrect.
Verify that you are using the correct login information
- Log in to your financial institution's web site.
- If you are able to log in, continue with step 2.
- If you are not able to log in, contact your financial institution for assistance.
- Locate your challenge questions and answers and verify the question and answer. Note: If you need assistance verifying your challenge question or answer, contact your financial institution.
Verify and update your login information in Quicken
- After verifying your login information at your financial institution, open Quicken and choose Tools menu > One Step Update.
- In the One Step Update window, click Manage My Passwords.
- In the Edit Password Vault dialog, verify that the customer ID displayed for the account is the correct customer ID.
If your customer ID is incorrect in Quicken
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the customer ID for.
- In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
- Click Remove from One Step Update, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
- Click OK when prompted to confirm your choice.
- Repeat these steps for all accounts held at the financial institution.
- Back on the Online Services tab, click Activate One Step Update and follow the on-screen prompts to activate online services for the account.
- Enter the correct customer ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for all accounts held at this financial institution.
Note: If you use the Password Vault, you need to update your Password Vault with the new information.