I'm Missing Some Transactions or New Transactions Did Not Download From My Bank (Quicken for Windows)
When you download transactions from your bank, there are transactions you can see on their website that are not in Quicken.
If this issue only happens once, it may have been caused by one of the following:
- Are the transactions still marked as "pending" when you look at your bank's website? Most banks do not allow transactions to download until the transaction has cleared the bank.
- Was the missing transaction incorrectly matched to another transaction in the register? This is common with repeating payments made to the same payee for the same amount.
- Have you recently deleted any transactions, either from the account register or the Compare to Register view? Transactions will not download again after being deleted. If a transaction was deleted in error, it will need to be re-entered manually.
- Did you accidentally move the transaction from one account register to another? Search your other accounts, if you locate the transactions in an incorrect account, move the transactions to the account they belong in. Select the transaction(s), right-click, and select Move transaction(s). Select the correct account and click OK.
- Are you expecting to find the transaction in one account, when it belongs to another? (ex: looking in the Checking account for a Savings account transaction)
- Did you accept the downloaded transaction(s), then restore an older backup file? The backup file will restore account information up to the date it was created, which could be before the missing transactions were downloaded.
If this issue occurs frequently, try these steps:
Check for Quicken product updates:
Make sure you are on the latest release of Quicken.
- Select the Tools menu, then choose One Step Update.
- Select your account(s) then click on Update Now.
If you needed to update to the latest patch release, check your register to see if the missing transactions have appeared. If not, continue with the troubleshooting steps below.
If you download transactions manually from the bank's website (Web Connect):
Some banks only allow downloads to Quicken after the statement closing date. In this case, transactions that occur after your last full statement won't download into Quicken.
To confirm this:
- Go to your bank's website and log in.
- Go to the page where you can download transactions (usually your transaction history).
- Attempt to download your transactions to Quicken.
- If there is no option to select the date range for your download, you'll only be able to download transactions from your most recent statement.
If you are able to select a date range, continue with the troubleshooting steps below.
Finally, if the issue is still not resolved, do the following steps in order:
- Check your Quicken Preferences to ensure the transactions are not being auto-accepted into the register: Edit > Preferences > Downloaded Transactions. The option "Automatically add to banking registers" needs to be unchecked. You may also need to change this preference in the Account Settings: Tools > Account List > Edit (next to the affected account). Select the Online Services tab and click on Automatic Entry is... Select No on the next prompt and click OK.
- Check the Sort Order in your account. If the Sort Order is set to something other than by Date, it's possible the transactions were there but not where you thought they should be. Resetting to the default sorting by Date should make it easier to see those transactions. Simply click the top of the Date column.
- Make sure you're not filtering your account register to ensure you're not missing the transactions simply because they fall outside the selected filter settings. Click the Reset button at the top of the register.
- Confirm the transactions haven't been renamed unexpectedly. Adding the Downloaded Payee column to the register allows you to search by Payee in order to determine if there was a problem with Renaming/Auto-Categorization. In the register, go to Actions (Gear Icon) > Register Columns > Check Downloaded Payee.
- Look for Hidden or new/unexpected account registers to see if the transactions were added to a different register. Go to Tools > Account List and check Show Hidden Accounts at the bottom left.
- Refresh your account: go to Tools > Account List and click Edit next to the affected account. On the Online Services tab, select Reset Account.
What do I do if the above steps did not work?
If the above steps didn't work and this is a one-time issue, the best option is to manually enter your missing transactions. If the above steps didn't work and this is not a one-time event, who to contact depends on how the account is connected:
- Direct Connect activated accounts, including all Investing accounts, get their data directly from the bank. Only the Online Banking Support for the bank/credit union or broker can determine why they are not transmitting the expected data. Quicken Support does not have the access to the bank servers necessary to review the data being transmitted.
- To find the contact information for your bank, go to Tools > Online Center. Select the bank in question and click Contact Info
- Express Web Connect gets its data through Quicken's aggregation service, so only Quicken Support can assist with this issue.
If you require further assistance, please Contact Quicken Support.