Quicken Assisted Password Removal Service
Password Removal Service
What Is the Assisted Service?
The Assisted Service can remove File and Transaction Passwords in all currently supported Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac products.
What versions of Quicken are supported?
- Quicken for Windows 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- Quicken for Mac 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- Quicken for Canada 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
What if I'm not using a supported version?
Quicken will not be able to return your file in an unsupported version of the Quicken program. Your options are to upgrade to a currently supported version, locate and restore a backup that accepts your password, or start a new data file in the version of Quicken you are using.
What password cannot be removed?
The password removal service cannot be used for your online banking password or Intuit ID password. Prior to submitting your file for password removal, review What if Quicken is not accepting the Data File Password?
How do I submit a password removal request?
To submit a Password Removal request, please contact Quicken Support. Be sure to have ALL the required information in order for your request to be submitted successfully.
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Version & release of Quicken (ex: QW2017 R4)
- Name of the data file
You will also need to provide two of the following:
- One of the account names within the file
- Last four digits of a credit card number from within the file
- A brokerage account name from within the file
- Your bank or financial institution name
- Three payees from your Memorized Payee List, specifically ones with unique names
Please have this ready before contacting Quicken Support.
Does it cost anything and how long does it take?
Support charges may apply. Terms and conditions of support, support features, pricing and support availability are subject to change at any time, without notice.
You will receive information about how to submit your data file within 24 to 48 hours of contacting us. Once you have submitted your data file and other required information, we will remove the password and return your file to you within 24 to 48 business hours. This means it could be up to four business days from beginning to end.