Quicken Assisted Password Removal Service
What Is the Assisted Service?
The Assisted Service can remove File and Transaction Passwords in all currently supported Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac products. There is no charge for this service.
What versions of Quicken are supported?
- Quicken for Windows 2017 and the Quicken Subscription Release.
- Quicken for Mac 2017 and the Quicken Subscription Release.
- Quicken for Canada 2016 and the Quicken Subscription Release.
What if I'm not using a supported version?
Quicken will not be able to return your file in an unsupported version of the Quicken program. Your options are to upgrade to a currently supported version, locate and restore a backup that accepts your password, or start a new data file in the version of Quicken you are using.
Which passwords cannot be removed?
The password removal service cannot be used for your online banking password or Quicken ID password. Prior to submitting your file for password removal, review What if Quicken is not accepting the Data File Password?
How do I submit a password removal request?
To submit a password removal request, please contact Quicken Support. Be sure to have ALL the required information in order for your request to be submitted successfully.
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Version & release of Quicken (ex: QW2017 R4)
- Name of the data file
You will also need to provide two of the following:
- Three unique payees from your Memorized Payee List, specifically ones with unique names
- One of the account names within the file
- Last four digits of an account number from within the file
- A brokerage account name from within the file
- Your bank or financial institution name
Please have this ready before contacting Quicken Support.