What if I need to delete/reset the Password Vault?
If you're getting invalid password errors when you update your accounts, the Password Vault may contain incorrect information. The best way to correct this is to recreate the Password Vault. In order to recreate the Password Vault, you need to print a record of the stored passwords, delete the Password Vault and then create it again.
Note: If you're seeing a password error when prompted for your Intuit ID (as pictured below), this is unrelated to your Password Vault. You can find help for this issue by clicking here.
To print the Password Vault
If you're not sure what your passwords are, you can print the Password Vault first to see the passwords that are stored.
1. Choose the Tools menu > Password Vault > Add or Edit Passwords and enter your Password Vault password.
2. Click the printer icon in the lower left side of the dialog box.
3. Enter your Password Vault password. Then click OK to print the Password Vault.
4. Select the appropriate options in the Print dialog box, then click Print to print the Password Vault.
To reset the Password Vault - Quicken 2017 and 2016
1. Choose Tools menu > Password Vault > Reset Vault. There is no option to delete the Password Vault in Quicken 2016 or 2017, it can only be reset.
2. Select Reset Vault.
3. Click OK.
To reset the Password Vault - Quicken 2015
1. Choose Tools menu > Password Vault > Reset Vault. There is no option to delete the Password Vault in Quicken 2015, it can only be reset.
2. Click OK.
If you find that the stored credentials in your Password Vault were deleted and you didn't reset the Vault, you can find more information for that here.