Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version after your membership has expired (Quicken for Mac)
After your Quicken Membership expires, you will no longer receive updates to the Quicken application. However, you may continue to use the version of Quicken you had at the time your Membership expired to open your data files and, for Quicken Deluxe and above, continue to use Quicken in a manual mode. See our Data Access Guarantee.
If your Membership has expired and you need to reinstall Quicken (on the computer it was originally installed on or on a new system):
First, uninstall the existing copy of Quicken
To uninstall Quicken:
- Locate Quicken in your Applications folder.
- Drag the Quicken icon into the Trash.
Once Quicken is moved to the Trash folder, the uninstall is complete.
Second, install the older version of Quicken
- Find your Membership expiration date (you can see this by signing into My Account)
- From the list below, download the version of Quicken that was released before your expiration date.
For example, if your Membership expired on January 12th, you could download the latest version released before that date.
- Version 6.1.1 (2/2/2021)
- Version 6.1.0 (1/26/2021)
- Version 5.15.0 (2/27/2020)
- Version 5.13.0 (10/30/2019)
- Version 5.11.0 (3/7/2019)
- Version 5.8.0 (9/6/2018)
- Version 5.6.3 (6/15/2018)
- Version 5.5.7 (4/11/2017)