Web Connect Troubleshooting
If you're having trouble using Web Connect in Quicken for Windows, check the following items before taking other troubleshooting steps:
First, verify a few things:
- That your version of Quicken supports online banking.
- That your bank supports a Quicken Web Connect download.
- That you are downloading a Quicken Financial Exchange (QFX) format file
NOTE: only a QFX file will allow you to download transactions from checking, savings, credit card, brokerage or retirement accounts; QIF files will not work with Web Connect in Quicken.
Second, empty the Temporary Internet Files folder
If your Temporary Internet Files folder is large or near its capacity, you may not be able to import a QFX file.
To delete temporary Internet files:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Select the Tools menu > Internet Options.
- Under Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Files.
- When the confirmation message appears, click OK.
Finally, be sure the QFX file association is correct
Windows uses file associations to identify which program should handle a type of file. If your file association is not correct or damaged, you might not be able to complete a Web Connect online banking session.
To reset file associations:
- On your Windows desktop, click on Start > Control Panel.
- Select Programs > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Scroll down the list of file types and click on QFX
- Select Change Program
- Select Quicken, then click OK.
- Try again to download transactions with Web Connect.
For additional troubleshooting information, see Online troubleshooting guide.