What if I forget my Quicken ID password?
You'll need to log in to Quicken with a Quicken ID to securely access your Quicken files. If you forget your Quicken ID password and you are seeing the "Hmm. That didn't work." error below, just follow these steps to get back up and running.
To reset your Quicken ID Password
- On the Quicken ID login screen, click I forgot my password, below the Sign In prompt.
- Enter your Quicken ID, then click Submit.
- Next, enter the 6-digit verification code.
Important: If you do not receive the code, try selecting a different delivery method. The default method is text message, but you can select Email me the code instead.
- Enter a new password. Then click Submit.
The password requirements are:
- 8 character minimum.
- Must contain one lower case letter and one capital letter.
- Must contain at least one number.
- Special characters are allowed but not required.
- Once returned to the Sign-in screen, enter the new password and click Sign In.
Note: If there are too many failed attempts, you will be temporarily locked out from logging in. Please wait and try again later. For security reasons, it could take a few hours before you can attempt to log in again.
To reset your Quicken Data File Password
If you are seeing a prompt asking for the Quicken Password (like the image below), this is different from the Quicken ID Password. The Quicken Password prompt is referring to the data file password. You can find help for this by clicking the image below.
If you are unsure which password you need help with, go here.