Why am I being asked to sign in with my Quicken ID repeatedly, or why am I being asked for an activation code even though I purchased from Quicken.com?
After migrating from the Intuit ID to the new Quicken ID, you may be prompted to sign in with the Quicken ID repeatedly, or you may be asked for an activation code even though you purchased from Quicken.com. There is no error message presented when this issue occurs.
To resolve this issue
- Download the latest update here if you have not done so already.
- After completing the update, open Quicken.
- Hold the Control key and select File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair.
- Check the Validate file box and click OK.
If initiated correctly, the Validate file checkbox will also show the message "Authentication block will be fixed" as pictured above.
If the issue persists
- If you don't see or can't get to the Edit menu on the upper left, close the sign in window. You may have to close it several times before you can see the Edit option.
- Click on the Edit Menu, and select Preferences.
- In the left panel, select Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
- Click Sign in as a different user.
- Type "yes" as prompted, and click Sign Out.
- Sign back in with your Quicken ID.