Double-clicking the Desktop Icon Fails to Start Quicken
Quicken fails to start after clicking the Quicken icon on the Microsoft® Windows® desktop.
To resolve this issue:
- Restart your computer, and then browse the Quicken folder (Default location is C:\Program Files\Quicken).
- Double-click the Qw.exe file to start the program.
- If Quicken opens, go to the desktop and drag the Quicken shortcut icon to the Recycle Bin.
- Right-click the Qw.exe file and select Send to Desktop to create a new shortcut.
- If the issue persists, install Quicken in Selective Startup.