How do I download Quicken from Quicken.com to install or reinstall it?
How to download and install/reinstall your Quicken purchase from Quicken.com
- Go to the Quicken website at www.quicken.com. If you are in Canada, go to the Quicken Canada website at https://www.quicken.com/canada.
- Select Sign In, located in the upper right side, then choose My Account.
- If you can't remember your sign-in info, we'll help you. Select "I forgot my Quicken ID or password."
- Enter your Quicken ID and Password.
- Click SIGN IN.
- If prompted, enter the 6-digit code then click CONTINUE. This process verifies your information and helps keep your account safe.
- For the 2018 release of Quicken: In the My Account section, scroll down to Plan Details and click the download button for your operating system. Note: You do not need an activation code when installing a copy of Quicken downloaded from Quicken.com.
- For Quicken 2017 and older: Below My Account on the left side of the screen, you should see a list of Your Purchases. Click Download Quicken next to the product you want to download.
- After the download is complete, click Run (or if you're using Google Chrome, click the download progress button at the bottom left corner of the window).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: Download time varies based on your computer, operating system and browser.
If you're not able to access your account, or if you've purchased a physical CD from a retailer (like Costco or Office Max, for example), you can order a replacement. For more information, click here.
What if I don't see my software when I sign into Quicken.com?
If you don't see your software on Quicken.com after you sign in, it could mean:
- You are signed into the wrong account. You may have more than one account with Quicken.com. Do you have more than one email address? Select Forgot your Login or Password? to verify you've selected the right one.
- The browser window used to access the page may have the zoom option set too high and the download links are not appearing. To fix this:
- Sign out.
- Go to Quicken.com and restore the zoom settings to 100% (until the three lines on the upper right no longer appear).
Google Chrome Zoom options Windows Edge Zoom Options
- Sign in again.
- The download links should now appear.
- You purchased a Quicken CD in which case you would not have a download option.
- You purchased Quicken from Amazon.com. If this may be the case, sign into your Amazon.com account and check your order history.
- Your purchase is older than 3 years old. Quicken is available for download for three years.
I bought a CD and need it replaced.
If you need a replacement copy of your Quicken software
- Locate your proof of purchase (such as the Order Number emailed to you) and Contact Quicken Support.
What should I do if I don't have a CD drive?
If you purchased a Quicken download, you won't need a CD drive. However, if you have a CD and would like to install Quicken on a computer without a CD drive, you have some options.
- If you are using an older version of Quicken, you can upgrade to the latest version of Quicken. When you buy Quicken from Quicken.com, be sure to select the download option, not the CD option.
- If you are using the latest version of Quicken, or if you are using an older version and do not want to upgrade or purchase a download option, there is one other option. Go here for more details.
- If you need help with any of the steps above, Contact Quicken Support.
Can I install Quicken on more than one computer?
Yes, you can. You can install Quicken on multiple computers, as per our End User License Agreement.
For more detailed information, please click here.
How do I download Quicken if I purchased it from Amazon.com or the Mac App Store?
For instructions on downloading and installing purchases made through Amazon.com, click here.
Mac App Store
- On your Mac, click the Black apple in the upper left corner of your screen, then select App Store...
- When the App Store opens, select Purchases at the top. You may need to sign in. Click Sign in and enter your Apple ID and password.
- Once you're signed in, you will see a list of your purchases from the App Store. Find Quicken, then click Download on the right.