How Quicken Protects Financial Information
We understand that the privacy and security of your personal financial data is of the utmost importance. The information that you download from your financial institution is confidential. Your downloaded information is not used for anything other than providing and maintaining the One Step Update service.
Quicken has millions of users that trust it with the security of their information. We’re obsessive about security. We protect and securely transmit data from your financial institutions into Quicken with robust 256-bit encryption.
In addition, we use the following security safeguards:
- Integrity checks to ensure that the message received has not been altered after it leaves the sender.
- Firewall-protected servers located in our data center (for accounts connected via Express Web Connect). Please note, your Quicken data file is still stored on your desktop.
- A password issued by your financial institution that you must enter each time you connect to the Internet. You can change your password to one of your choice at any time so that only you know it. You can also store your passwords in a Password Vault. The Password Vault is protected with a password of your choice and provides Quicken with passwords for you when you go online.
- The option to password protect your Quicken data files.
- When using Express Web Connect to automate Web Connect downloads from your financial institution's website, your user name and password are encrypted. Depending on your financial institution's procedures, it will be stored on our firewall-protected servers or in your Quicken software. Your financial information is transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and is encrypted, so it is unreadable during transmission. It is then stored on our firewall-protected servers and is securely transmitted directly to your desktop computer when you initiate One Step Update. Your information is confidential and is not used for anything other than providing and maintaining the One Step Update service.
- The Quicken privacy statement (choose Help menu > Privacy statement).