Unable To Open Quicken After Updating To The Latest Release
If you're unable to open Quicken for Windows after a recent product update, it's possible that an issue during the installation is preventing Quicken from opening.
Note: If you're able to open Quicken but you're not able to get into your file because of problems signing in with your Quicken ID, you can find help for that by clicking here.
To fix this issue:
First, try opening Quicken in Silent Mode. This will open the program without opening your data file.
- To do this, hold Ctrl + Shift on your keyboard and double-click the Quicken icon. Continue to hold Ctrl + Shift until Quicken opens with a blank screen.
- If this occurs, there may been an issue with the data file that's keeping Quicken from opening properly. Follow these steps to Restore a backup file.
- Then, Validate the restored backup file by going to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair
- Check Validate file and click OK
If Quicken doesn't open in Silent Mode either:
- Follow the instructions in this FAQ: Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows.
- Before reinstalling Quicken, disable your anti-virus and firewall.
Note: The anti-virus and/or firewall on your system could be the reason Quicken isn't running. They will need to be disabled or have the settings updated to include Quicken as a safe program. If you do not know how to update these settings, please contact your anti-virus/firewall provider.
- Reinstall Quicken.
- Reactivate your anti-virus/firewall.
If you are still unable to open the program after following these steps, please Contact Quicken Support.