What is the Quicken Cloud?
Here's what you should know
- The Quicken Cloud is for banking and credit card accounts only.
- The Quicken Cloud is to present your most recent data on your mobile device while you are away from your computer.
- The Quicken Cloud is not a backup, cannot be used to recover "lost" data, and cannot be used to start a new file.
- Initial setup will only sync the most recent 365 days of data in your file. You will not get all of your bank account transactions all the way back to 1995 or whenever you started the account.
- Your data is encrypted and stored on our servers and can only sync to your supported mobile device via the Quicken Mobile app.
- Data moves in both directions. You can enter manual transactions in your mobile app while away from your computer, including attaching images of your receipts to the transactions (In the Quicken 2014 app) and entering split categories, which will all sync to your Quicken data file when you get back to your desktop/laptop computer where you have Quicken for Windows installed.
- Each time you launch the app on your mobile device, it will refresh your data, collecting the most recently data our servers have collected from your banks during overnight update (this is called "batch aggregation").
- At the end of a sync everything matches -- transactions, balances, and budget results, regardless of where you choose to view your data.