Simplifies Managing and Paying Bills for Mac and Windows Users
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Nov. 17, 2015 – Quicken 2016, now available from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), includes new features for Mac and Windows users that are designed to further help today’s busy consumer easily track, transact and take control of managing their money.
For more than 30 years, individuals and families have counted on Quicken, a top personal money management software program, to help them achieve their financial goals. Here’s what’s new for Quicken 2016:
Quicken 2016 for Windows
- In addition to managing multiple financial accounts in one location, customers can now see, track and pay all of their bills in one place. After users link their bills, Quicken automatically tracks due dates and amounts due, eliminating the need to log into multiple accounts to stay on top of their bills. Quicken users can easily pay bills using Quicken Bill Pay.
Quicken 2016 for Mac
- Responding to customer requests, the new Quicken for Mac includes integrated bill pay. This lets users easily pay their bills, transfer money between accounts, see what bills have been paid, and which are coming or are past due so they can manage cash flow.
Daniel Goldsmith, a 22-year Quicken for Mac customer and beta tester from Boynton Beach, Fla., said, “Quicken 2016 for Mac continues to improve an already iconic product with new enhancements that allow me to easily move forward with all of my accumulated data in a modern product.”
With a focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience, Quicken has expanded customer support in the United States and improved the reliability and accuracy of bank downloads and transactions. Quicken has also grown the product development team to build out the next generation of Quicken features.
“We’re working harder and smarter than ever to delight customers,” said Eric Dunn, senior vice president and general manager of Quicken. “Quicken 2016 affirms our commitment to listening to our customers and helping them achieve financial success at every life stage. Our new features for Mac and Windows users help remove some of the complexity around managing and paying bills. Looking ahead, our goal is to add capability and enhancements to Quicken products that extend the ability for users to easily manage their money across devices.”
Features Users Have Come to Count On
In addition to connecting to more than 14,500 checking, savings, credit card, loan, investment and retirement accounts, Quicken will continue to help users:
- Easily manage more complex financials, such as investments, retirement and tax planning
- Understand their credit with access to a free quarterly credit score and credit report summary, powered by Equifax. This feature is available for Windows only.
- Make smart money decisions on-the-go with the free mobile companion app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices.
- Manage bills directly from the Quicken register.
- Receive timely alerts and bill reminders such as low balance, over budget and unusual activity.
- Set up and track budgets for variable monthly or seasonal expenses, such as entertainment, dining out or holiday shopping.
- Create savings goals to help track progress toward specific targets, such as building an emergency fund or paying down debt. This feature is available for Windows only.
Pricing and Availability
The Quicken product line for 2016 is available now at Quicken.com and at select retailers. Its products serve individuals, business owners and property managers and include:
- Quicken 2016 for Mac: For easy money management and bill pay. $74.99
- Quicken Starter Edition: For simple money management needs; helps individuals get organized and learn how to budget. $39.99.
- Quicken Deluxe: For increasing savings; helps create custom budget, savings and debt reduction plans. $74.99.
- Quicken Premier: For managing investments; helps plan for tax time. $104.99.
- Quicken Home & Business: For managing business and personal finances all in one place. $114.99.
- Quicken Rental Property Manager: For rental property owners who want to manage their personal and rental property finances in one place. $164.99.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2015. The company has approximately 7,700 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo, and Quicken, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners and should be treated as such.