2018/2019 Release of Quicken for Mac (Subscription Product) Release Notes
How to Update Quicken
- Select the Quicken Menu > Check for updates
Version 5.8, 5.8.1, & 5.8.2 (9/2018 & 10/2018)
The 5.8 release has a number of improvements in reports, budgets, investments and performance.
Security and Performance Improvements
- NEW - In 5.8, all password protected files will be encrypted by default, making your files more secure. However, this will increase the time it takes to open and close files. If you want to go back to the way it used to work, go to Quicken > Preferences and click on Security to turn off encryption.
- IMPROVED - Optimized investment transaction downloads so updating should go a lot faster now.
Report and Budget Improvements
- NEW - In 5.8, you'll now be able to customize a report with No Tag and No Payee as options.
- NEW - Reports now have a Scale to Fit printing option so that wide reports can be shrunk to fit on a single page, saving paper.
- IMPROVED - Comparison reports now print in color.
- NEW - Full budgets can be printed based on the number of months you want to see on a page. You have the option of having 12, 6, 4, or 3 months per page.
- NEW - Added an option to print a summary budget.
- IMPROVED - Budget transaction details now go to a customizable transaction report which allows you to pick the columns to see.
- NEW - In 5.8, we added the ability to print, export, and copy the portfolio view without lots.
- IMPROVED - The Price and Holdings As Of date is now added to both exported and printed versions of the portfolio view.
- NEW - Added the Scale to Fit printing feature to the portfolio view so that everything fits on a single page.
- NEW - Also added a checkbox to the portfolio view graph to start the Y-Axis at zero.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the Find Security contextual menu item didn't work in the investment register.
- FIXED - 5.8 also has a number of fixes for options. Fixed downloaded option information from brokerages. Also fixed an issue with option placeholders where contracts and shares weren't correctly converted.
Check Printing Improvements
- NEW - In 5.8, we added a button to the check screen to auto-fill the address using the Payee's bill pay address.
- IMPROVED - Quicken can now print checks using bold text to make them easier to read. Select the Bold Text option in the check printing screen.
- IMPROVED - A blue dot now appears next to a bill in the Bills & Income view to let you know it's been updated.
- IMPROVED - Added a What is an eBill screen when trying to link an eBill for the first time.
- IMPROVED - Added a Mobile column to the alert preference screen to allow one to turn on mobile push notification for a few alerts.
- FIXED - Fixed a number of issues throughout the product.
- NEW - Added a new menu item under Help to access Quicken on the Web. Enter transactions, assign categories, view spending, track budgets and more from anywhere now using Quicken Web. Check it out at https://app.quicken.com. Sign in using your Quicken ID.
- IMPROVED - Improved the performance of exporting or copying a report. Removed the 5000 transaction limit.
- FIXED- Fixed an issue where the Net Worth Over Time report and Calendar View misreported the market value of option trades in an investment account. Thanks to RichC who brought this to our attention and helped us track down the issue.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where reports copied to the clipboard wouldn't paste into Apple Numbers correctly.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where newly added columns were removed after customizing a report.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where sometimes a date change in the customize report dialog didn't stick.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where quotes for bonds or any other security downloaded only with investment transactions weren't getting stored properly in price history.
- FIXED - Fixed a number of sync issues with the reviewed flag, balance adjustments, and transfers.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where Quicken would try to connect to the Quicken Cloud at launch, sometimes requiring a sign-in.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where Quicken would try to connect to the Quicken Cloud when importing a Web Connect file. Won't do this if the customer has the auto-categorization preference turned off and they don't have any Quicken Connect accounts. Thanks to MarkJ for bringing this to our attention.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the preference for the number of files automatically backed up was ignored.
- FIXED - Fixed a couple of issues with wallet checks. First, fixed an issue where only the first two lines of an address printed. Second, fixed an issue in the bold text feature where the written dollar amount wasn't bolded.
- FIXED - Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing the account income or spending tabs while using macOS Mojave.
- FIXED - Fixed a crash that could occur when closing a window or quitting Quicken.
Version 5.7.0, 5.7.1 & 5.7.2 (7/2018)
In 5.7, we continue to focus on performance, refining the bills & income feature, and fixing bugs in reports and throughout the product.
- NEW - We continue to work on improving the Quicken launch performance and experience. First, when you click on Quicken in the dock, a message will immediately appear telling you that Quicken is opening your file. Previously, there wasn't any indication that the application was launching. Second, we removed a database validity check that would occur every time you opened a file. In most cases, this wasn't needed but it took a long time to do and would slow opening files. Now, this check will only occur if Quicken thinks your database may have been damaged.
- IMPROVED - We also improved the time it takes to display the portfolio view chart. This could take a long time if you had years and years of investment data in an account.
Continued Bills & Income improvements
- NEW - We added an Update button in the upper right corner of the Bills & Income screen, so you can update just your eBills without needing to download or sync all your accounts.
- NEW - Your eBills will now display "Awaiting next bill" after you've paid the bill but Quicken hasn't received an updated balance. It used to show 0 so there wasn't any indication if your balance was 0 or if the balance wasn't updated yet.
- NEW - Passing over the generic bill icon next to your bills will now turn into a Link eBill button when you mouse over it. Clicking it starts the process of searching for your eBill.
- NEW - In this release, we're also introducing the concept of a "manual" payee for people like your gardener or hairdresser who are paid with cash or a check. This tells Quicken to never search for an eBill for this payee which should simplify and speed up the process of paying or tracking these payees.
- NEW - Added the Type column to Bills and Income views.
- FIXED - Now the PDF icon will only appear if there are statements to look at.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the Pay with Bill Pay button appeared instead of Mark as Paid even if the bill wasn’t a bill pay bill. Thanks to GerryY for recommending this change.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the date field shortcut keys didn’t work in the Edit Schedule and Track Bill screens.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the Bills & Income view couldn’t be viewed in a standalone window.
Lots of fixes in reports and budgets
- FIXED - Fixed an issue in reports where comparison reports of different ranges and lengths (i.e. This Month vs This Year) didn’t work. Thanks to moski in the forums for bringing this to our attention.
- FIXED - Income investment transactions such as dividends and interest income will now appear in the All Transactions income view. Thanks to s2kdriver from the forums for reporting this.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where reinvested interest, long-term capital gains, and short-term capital gains weren’t showing up in reports.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue in the legacy Spending Over Time report where the wrong transactions would appear in the drill-down report for a category with 0 spending. Thanks to ChuckW for helping us figure out this issue.
- FIXED - Removed accrued interest from the pie chart since it shouldn't be considered an expense. Thanks to GerryY in the forums for bringing this to our attention.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where turning the “Show Cents” checkbox on didn’t immediately update in the budget.
- FIXED - Fixed a bug in legacy reports where categories with “/“ caused the report to fail.
- FIXED - Fixed a weird selection issue in the Category Customize Report window where unchecking one category unchecked other categories. Thanks to JohnM for reporting this issue and providing an example to reproduce the issue.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where exported reports and budgets didn’t paste correctly into Apple Numbers.
- NEW - Added Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) account types.
- IMPROVED - Improved the search for security name in the investment register and edit security window.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where opening or closing the lots in the Portfolio View would cause the screen to jump to the top.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where the Gain/Loss calculations for 1-Day, 1-Month, 3-Month, 12-Month, and Year-to-Date didn't take into account splits. Thanks to KenJ for reporting this issue.
- NEW - When you launch a new version of Quicken, we’ll provide an option to remove old versions of Quicken from the dock.
- FIXED - When changing from a transfer to a regular category in the category field, remove the account in the transfer field. Thanks to RickO, JacobS and SMeyer from the forums for bringing this to our attention.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where deleting the address of a check would still print the address.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue that caused some customers to crash when syncing a budget.
- FIXED - Fixed another issue that caused some customers to crash when syncing a budget.
- FIXED - Fixed a crash that occurred while editing a payee and the payee had false Quick-Fill data. Thanks to Tim G. for reporting the issue and testing the fix.
- FIXED - Fixed a crash that occurred when importing a Web Connect file that had unexpected error codes. Thanks to Peter S. who was instrumental in helping us figure out the issue.
Version 5.6.4 & 5.6.5 (7/2018)
- IMPROVED - Reduced backup file size. This will increase the time it takes backup to complete but it should continue to be pretty fast.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue that prevented budgets from being printed if categories had a "$".
- FIXED - Database update.
- IMPROVED - One-time database update of Quicken files. You may cancel the update to start using Quicken; the database update will continue when you start Quicken again.
- IMPROVED - Quicken will now remove unnecessary conflicted database files caused by cloud storage services such as Dropbox to improve file integrity and reduce file size.
Important Investments Update in Version 5.6 and 5.6.1
The 5.6 and 5.6.1 patches bring with them some changes to investment categorization. Here are some key points:
- The 5.5 patch inadvertently allowed users to select Quicken-reserved investment categories as regular categories.
- The 5.6 patch fixed this by not allowing users to pick these categories anymore, but unfortunately for those that did pick an investment category, these categories became "Uncategorized."
- For users that have already run into this issue, you will need to search for "Uncategorized" investment transactions and then manually fix them.
- For users on 5.6.1, it is solved in two ways:
- For investment transactions that have a corresponding Action, Quicken will convert their transaction to use the Action. For example, if the user selected a Buy category, in 5.6.1 this transaction will be turned into a Buy action.
- For transactions that use a Quicken-reserved investment category but don’t have a corresponding action, these will be converted to a new category called "Investments (Custom)" and they will retain their category. For example, if someone used "Investments : Interest Expense" in a checking account transaction, the category will be changed to "Investments (Custom) : Interest Expense."
Version 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.6.2, & 5.6.3 (5/2018)
The new changes in version 5.6 are focused around 4 key areas: performance, reports, investments and bills & income. We also continue to improve the overall stability throughout the product.
Improved application performance
In 5.6, we focused on improving app performance. Customers with years and years of investment transactions were the most impacted so we zeroed our efforts around investments, but everyone should benefit.
- NEW - Drastically improved launch times for customers with lots of investment history. A lot of the slowness was downloading and storing quotes which has been significantly optimized.
- NEW - As part of this performance improvement, Quicken will now only download quotes for held securities, ignoring securities that are no longer owned. In the Securities list, we added a column, so you can see which securities are held. If you want to manage this yourself, you can turn this feature off and then a new column appears, so you can select which securities to update.
- NEW - Switching to the investment view is significantly faster but drawing the chart can still take some time. By the way, you can hide the chart by dragging up on the bar between the chart and the portfolio table which also improves the overall performance of these views.
- NEW - Switching from the Portfolio Value view to Performance view is a lot faster now.
- NEW - Switching between different Groups in the Portfolio View now immediately update.
Improved report usability and functionality
- NEW - The Comparison, Summary and Transaction reports created from New Report now display date range and customization settings in the upper right corner. This information also appears in printed and exported reports.
- NEW - The report customization dialog has been simplified to have 2 basic settings: 1) Include any account, category, tag, or payee or 2) Include only selected accounts, categories, tags or payees. Previously it was not obvious what would happen if all accounts, categories, tags, or payees were selected.
- NEW - As part of refining this experience, column selection for transaction reports has been moved to the report toolbar.
- NEW - The drill-down report will now remember the columns chosen so that all future drill down reports will include the same columns.
- FIXED - The Comparison, Summary and Transaction reports created from New Report will now export foreign and other special characters to the CSV file.
Continued refinement of investment portfolio view
- NEW - The portfolio view can now be printed, exported to a CSV file, or copied and pasted into a spreadsheet.
- NEW - The portfolio view now remembers which securities have been expanded and collapsed.
- NEW - Added a way to expand all or collapse all securities. CTRL-click, or right-click, the portfolio view header to get to see these options.
- NEW - Securities without a cost basis will now display an Add Cost Basis button that will bring up the dialog to cost basis information.
- NEW - The number of shares column will now display more than 3 decimal places.
- NEW - The Y-Axis now always starts at zero.
Better eBill support in Bills & Income
- NEW - Changed the way track flow works. First, Quicken asks whether you want to add an eBill or manual bill. Second, if creating an eBill, Quicken will allow you to enter any name to search for an eBiller vs forcing you to pick an existing payee. You'll link the eBill to the payee later in the process.
- NEW - Added an Add Payee option to the Payee screen.
- NEW - Added a column to the Payees list window to more easily select which payees should appear in the Bills & Income screen.
General improvements across the product
- NEW - Improved transaction downloads. Previously, downloading from Direct Connect accounts would block you from doing anything else. Now Direct Connect works like Quicken Connect accounts in that you can continue to use Quicken while downloading is happening in the background.
- NEW - In the register, the name of the column being sorted will display more boldly in order to make it more obvious which column is being used to sort the register.
- NEW - Also in the register, we now always display the balance regardless of the column being sorted. When not sorted by Date or CLR, the balance column will have an italicized, dark gray color to let you know the balance won't match your statement.
- NEW - Updated the Column menu in the register to allow you to more easily hide and show columns. We also added a Reset to Default menu item to get back to the default for the current account.
- FIXED - Fixed a number of bugs and stability issues.
- FIXED - Fixed a report customization issue where all payees including hidden payees would appear in a report if no payees were selected. In 5.6, this setting was converted to use the new Any Payee feature, but it inadvertently excluded hidden payees. We're fixing this in 5.6.1 so that hidden payees will be included by default. Please review the Include hidden payees checkbox to see if it is set properly for your reports. A big thanks to Najmi for their help in figuring out this issue.
- FIXED - Fixed a similar report customization issue for Accounts. Previously, if all accounts were selected then all accounts including hidden accounts were included. In 5.6, this setting was converted to use the new Any Account feature, but it did not include hidden accounts which meant the same report would have different results. In 5.6.1 when these reports are converted, they will include hidden accounts by default. Please review the Include accounts hidden in reports checkbox to see if it is set properly for your reports.
- FIXED - In 5.5, we inadvertently allowed one to assign a Quicken-reserved investment category to a transaction which shouldn't have been possible. In 5.6.x, these categories were hidden so they could no longer be selected but this also meant that any transaction that used one of these special categories became Uncategorized. In 5.6.1, we're improving this behavior so that if one of these categories was used, we'll automatically create a new, user-defined category with the same name, but these will now be under a new parent category called Investments (Custom). If the transaction was used in an investment account, we'll first try to convert it to use the corresponding "Action" such as Buy or Sell, etc.
- FIXED - Fixed a crash that could occur when clicking through menus while other windows were open such as the Account Status window.
- FIXED - Fixed a crash that could happen when customizing report settings.
- CHANGED - In 5.6, we changed the Y-Axis in the portfolio view chart to start at 0 to be more accurate to the actual account market fluctuations. However, a number of customers stated they liked the old design better because it was easy to see the changes in the account. We decided to go back to the previous design for now until we can make this a user-defined option in a future release.
- IMPROVED - Quicken and Capital One are in the process of upgrading the connection type used to download transactions. Quicken for Mac v5.6.2 is required for this change. Over the course of the next month or so, Quicken will start migrating customers to the new connection type. This change will happen over time. When this change takes place, your Capital One accounts will stop working and you will get a 351 error. Click on the Sign In button in the Account Status window to fix the issue which will prompt you to enter your Capital One username and password. Check the box next to each of your accounts to reauthorize them even if they've already been added to Quicken.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue in budget export where numbers over a thousand caused extra columns to be created.
- FIXED - Fixed an issue where Quicken would hang as it tried to open a file. Unfortunately, the auto Mark As Paid feature didn't expect that scheduled transactions could end and therefore got stuck when it encountered one. A big thank you to Arthur, Jasmyn, Alex and others who reported the issue and worked with us to figure out a fix.
- FIXED - Fixed a number of small issues that could crop up when trying to add Capital One accounts.
Version 5.5, 5.5.1, 5.5.2, 5.5.3, 5.5.4, 5.5.5, 5.5.6, & 5.5.7 (2/2018)
Version 5.5 improves support for Canadian customers, refines the Bills & Income view, fixes report and investment features and improves overall stability and performance across the product.
New Canadian Features
- NEW New support for Canadian categories and tax line items.
- NEW Added a new Canadian Tax Schedule report.
- NEW Added a new feature to be able to add back either US or Canadian default categories. Click on the gear icon in the category list to add default categories.
- NEW Added a new preference to turn on US or Canadian features regardless of membership. This means that if you're a US member but are actually Canadian, you can turn on Canadian features. This also means if you're a Canadian member but have US bank accounts, you can turn on US features like Bill Pay.
- NEW When creating a new file, Quicken asks if you want US or Canadian default categories for those who have turned on both US and Canadian features.
- IMPROVEMENT The Edit Category dialog can now be resized to help with tax line item assignment.
- IMPROVEMENT A category can now be defined as being tax related without requiring an assigned schedule and tax line item. This is useful if tracking city, state or provincial tax items that are not currently supported in Quicken.
- IMPROVEMENT Canadian members who have investment accounts classified as an IRA, 401K or other US account type are notified that they can be changed to a Canadian account such as TFSA, RRSP or RESP.
Scheduled Transaction, Bill Pay and Bills & Income Improvements & Fixes
- NEW Added new Payee view in Bills & Income. Go to the Payee view to quickly pay a bill for a particular payee. Quicken automatically displays eBill payees in this view but you can decide which payees appear by clicking on a checkbox in the Edit Payee dialog.
- NEW Added the logos for payees that have eBills.
- NEW Added a status column to Bills and Payees to notify people if there is an eBill error. Click on the exclamation mark in a red dot to find out more about the issue.
- IMPROVED Refined the overall look of Bills & Income.
- IMPROVED The amount for a cancelled bill payment will automatically be added to the memo field for tracking purposes.
- FIXED Fixed a number of issues in Bill Pay. Bill Pay will now let you know if a bill payment has to be moved because of a holiday. In addition, Bill Pay will now take the financial institution's last submission time into account when setting a date. Previously this wasn't used and people could set a date that was earlier than the financial institution could handle.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where creating a new scheduled transaction by clicking on the Scheduled checkbox in the date picker would set the starting date 1 month in the future instead of the current date.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the Pay Now menu item didn't work.
Report Improvements & Fixes
- NEW Added the ability to save a comparison, summary and transaction report as a custom report. This means you can start with an existing report instead of being forced to create a new report from scratch.
- NEW Added the ability to add the Action column to transaction reports.
- IMPROVED Quicken will now remember column widths in the transaction report so long memos won't make it difficult to read the report.
- IMPROVED Transaction drill down works again. The row will highlight and clicking a transaction will pop-up a register window with the transaction selected.
- FIXED Fixed an issue in the transaction report where split memo items weren't appearing. Now both parent and split memos will appear.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the check# didn't appear in the printed or exported transaction report.
- FIXED Fixed an issue in the Tax Schedule D report where the gain was sometimes reported incorrectly when the buy and sell occurred on the same day.
Investment Improvements & Fixes
- NEW Added Opening Price to the Price History dialog.
- NEW Opening Price is now updated when quotes are downloaded and also imported from a CSV file.
- IMPROVED Improved the accuracy of the portfolio view graph.
- IMPROVED Improved IRR calculations. Previously Quicken wouldn't calculate an IRR if you didn't hold the security at the beginning of the period. Now IRR appears as long as you held the security during the period.
- IMPROVED Previously the Market Value in the top banner of investment accounts was independent of the filter for the portfolio view. Now this number matches the selected accounts and currency for the portfolio view.
General Improvements & Fixes
- IMPROVED Drastically improved the performance of auto-saving a backup file when quitting Quicken.
- IMPROVED Improved auto-categorization.
- IMPROVED Improved the Clear button. On views where there are multiple accounts, the clear button would always appear. Now the Clear button only appears if the default filters are changed.
- IMPROVED Changed the way the running balance column works in the transaction register. Previously the balance number would be hidden if sorting by any column other than date and CLR. It was also hidden when the transaction list was filtered. We received a number of calls from customers who were confused by it being hidden. The running balance column is calculated and reflects the balance based on the sort order of the transactions when viewing them and is not a static number tied to a particular transaction.
- IMPROVED Improved the Add Account experience. Quicken will first try to sign-in to your bank account using Direct Connect which is a higher quality method of connecting to your bank. If this fails, then Quicken will automatically fall back to Quicken Connect.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the message "The transaction recorded but is not visible in filtered view" would appear after adding a transaction even though it shouldn't appear.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where an exported QXF file from Mac was failing to import into Quicken Windows with a "Memory Allocation Error".
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the Clean Up Payee preference wasn't working for Quicken Connect accounts.
- FIXED Fixed a number of the top crashing issues.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that would occur when importing Quicken Essentials files with investments.
- IMPROVED Dramatically improved investment transaction download performance. Thanks to Joe for his patience and pushing us to investigate direct connect and launch performance issues. More to come.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where creating an intra-bank electronic transfer on the weekend popped up a warning message saying the transfer couldn't occur because it was a holiday. This prevented transfers from working properly. Thanks to pauldv172 who was the first to report this.
- FIXED Fixed an issue in the transaction report where tags on splits didn't appear, print or export. Thanks to RickO and michael1212 for bringing this issue up in the forums.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the tax schedule report wouldn't show the capital gains from security sales in different currencies if there weren't any other tax-related transactions in different currencies. Thanks to Gilles for bringing this to our attention.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where bill pay check numbers were being lost. We fixed a few things around this issue before, but we think we have finally found the root cause and fixed it.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that could occur when launching Quicken if the saved default view was a grouped investment (such as Investing, Brokerage, Retirement or Education) with one of the accounts in that group deleted.
- FIXED Fixed an issue that prevented Quicken Windows investment files from importing properly.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where investment placeholders weren't appearing in the transaction list.
- FIXED Fixed a Quicken 2007 import issue. Linked transfers with a class to investment accounts created orphaned transfers in Quicken 2018. Thanks to JustinS for his great detective work in narrowing down the problem.
- FIXED Fixed a problem when importing investment transactions via web connect.
- FIXED Increased the timeout for adding eBills. Some financial institutions like USAA take a bit longer to download bill information so this change allows these bills to complete. Thanks to MikeW who worked tirelessly with us to figure out the right amount of time to wait.
- FIXED Added Canadian Tax line items to investment categories.
- FIXED Fixed QIF file import for those moving from other software products.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where transaction downloads would stop working after a customer received a multi-factor authentication screen. Thanks to KristinD, one of our beloved product managers, for finding and reporting this issue.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where sweep accounts were storing Dividend and Reinvested Dividend transactions as Interest. Thanks to RichardK who reported this in the forums.
- FIXED Fixed a performance issue in the investment transaction register. Thanks to EdmundC who first reported this issue. Unfortunately, we thought this was fixed in 5.5.4 but found out the fix never made it in.
- FIXED Fixed a couple of investment issues around lots. Fixed an issue where some new lot purchases weren't appearing in the Portfolio View. Also fixed an issue where future sales would affect what lots displayed in the Specify Lots dialog of an earlier sale.
- FIXED Printing scheduled transactions on the Projected Balances view is now enabled.
- FIXED Fixed a crash when sorting on the Sync ID column.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that appeared to occur when switching to Quicken from another application, opening another file, or even backing up.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where some customers were being asked to enter their Quicken ID every time they tried to update their accounts.
- FIXED Fixed an issue that affected a small number of customers where Quicken would freeze on launch.
Version 5.4.4 (12/2017)
General bug fixes and improvements
- FIXED Fixed a sync bug where Canadian investment account types were overwritten by Other.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the printed transaction report didn't display the transaction amounts.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the accrued interest category wasn't being set for accrued interest transactions created from a Buy Bond transaction. Thanks to everyone that brought this up in the forums.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the column names in the customize transaction report dialog didn't match what is defined in the register. Thanks to RickO for reporting this in the forums.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the editable areas in an investment or loan register become misaligned from the blue highlight after resizing the columns.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the payments chart legend in a loan couldn't display the Euro and other currency symbols. Thanks to JohnM who reported this in the forums.
- FIXED Fixed a major Quicken Windows import issue where linked transfer transactions between accounts of different currencies would be imported and the amounts changed because Quicken for Mac doesn't support linked transfers with different values. Now the transactions will be unlinked and the category will be changed to Transfer so that balances remain correct.
- FIXED Fixed a handful of the top crashing issues.
Version 5.4.0, 5.4.1, 5.4.2, & 5.4.3 (12/2017)
Feature Improvements for All Customers
- NEW Added the ability to choose columns for the transaction report.
- NEW Added a total row to the transaction report.
- NEW Added the ability to Pay Bills and Edit Details using the updated Bills menu in the Bills view.
- IMPROVED Clicking on an amount in the Summary or Comparison report brings up the new transaction report. This fixes a number of issues with the old report and properly classifies items into Income and Expense vs Money In and Money Out. For now, you can't click on a transaction to go to the register but we'll be adding it back soon.
- IMPROVED Added the ability to switch from a bond to another account type. Before Bonds couldn't be switched. Thanks to Bob in the forums for making this suggestion.
- IMPROVED Added the symbol field to the security edit bond screen. In previous versions, the symbol field was hidden. Thanks to TomB for making this request.
- IMPROVED Clicking on Edit Accounts in Preferences now logs the customer into their account automatically without having to re-enter their credentials.
- IMPROVED Clicking on a PDF statement in the Bills view now downloads directly to the Download folder and opens in Preview instead of using a browser.
- IMPROVED Alerts now have improved icons.
- FIXED The Net Worth balance was restored in the upper right corner of the All Transactions view. Thanks to BruceH for pointing this out in the forums.
- FIXED Fixed an issue in the new investment transaction view where toolbar buttons were disabled and the default selection didn't always work.
- FIXED Fixed a data issue when turning off the Single-Mutual Fund feature with cash transfers.
- FIXED Fixed a bug where balances that were the same between 2 different download sessions wouldn't update the online balance date which could affect Reconcile.
- FIXED Fixed an issue in the investment combined views of Investing, Retirement and Education where the Cash row didn't always appear at the bottom of the account group. Thanks to JM for reporting this issue.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that could occur when importing a Web Connect file. Thanks to DaveS for testing the fix for us.
- FIXED Fixed a crash in the assigning lot feature.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that could occur when importing a Quicken Windows file.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that could occur when using a Single Mutual Fund with tags on cash transfers.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that could occur when the Reconcile dialog is open and converting a liability to a loan.
Feature Improvements for New Canadian Members
- NEW Canadian members will now see Canadian investment accounts such as TFSA, RRSP and RESP instead of US account types. This will not be available to Canadian customers with a US membership now but the plan is to make this available soon.
- NEW Features that aren't available for Canadian customers such as Bill Pay and Bill Presentment are now hidden so Canadian customers with a Canadian membership won't have to deal with features they can't use.
- COMING SOON We are still working on getting Canadian categories and tax line items added to the product but they will be coming soon. The Tax Report has been removed for now.
- IMPROVED Budgets now default to the home currency.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that a number of people hit while trying to download transactions.
- FIXED Fixed an asset sync error.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where securities in the Group by Security view would always display their lots. They should appear collapsed.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where clicking on a lot would display the Security pop-up. It should only work on the Security name.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that occurred when moving the mouse over the first column in an empty portfolio view. This would occur most often in the Realized Gain view.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where customers receiving a required password change request from their financial institution couldn't change their password because the password field was disabled.
Version 5.3.0, 5.3.1, & 5.3.2 (11/2017)
- FIXED Found an issue when turning off the Single Mutual Fund feature in an account where there are linked transfers. We'll be temporarily blocking the ability to turn off the feature as we work on a permanent fix.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where opening the reconcile dialog would cause the Balance column to disappear in the account register.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the reconcile dialog under narrow conditions. Thanks to RexK who reported the issue and helped us test the fix.
- FIXED Fixed a Quicken Windows import crash that would occur if there was a loan transaction that only had a single transaction split. Quicken Mac was expecting 2 splits.
- NEW Added a new Edit Details menu item to the Bills & Income menu where you can quickly edit the details of a bill.
- NEW Clicking on a security name in the Portfolio View now pops up a menu. The menu displays the security symbol and 2 buttons. One goes to Edit Security and the second goes to a web page that provides detailed information about the security.
- IMPROVED The chart in investment portfolio view now has a smoother line.
- IMPROVED Improved Bills & Income so that Credit Card bills that are set up as linked transfers appear only in the Bills list once and doesn't appear under Income.
- IMPROVED The portfolio view chart now recognizes when the user picks an As-of-Date that is before any money was invested in the account. In this case, Quicken will tell the user that there isn't any data to graph for the as-of-date selected.
- FIXED Fixed a bug where the Print menu item was grayed out when looking at the investment transaction view.
- FIXED The chart in portfolio view can be resized or hidden but unfortunately the height of the charts wasn't remembered. This is now fixed.
- FIXED Fixed some rounding error issues in investment transactions that would cause bogus placeholders to appear.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where changing the sort order for some columns in the portfolio view would move the total row around. It should always remain at the bottom of the list.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where the Day Open column in Portfolio View only returned 0.
- FIXED Fixed an issue where account selection in Projected Balances view would affect other views such as All Accounts.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that would occur when selecting investment accounts that only had a placeholder without any real transactions.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that would occur when hovering over the cash flow chart under Projected Balances view in an account with a zero balance.
Version 5.2.2 (11/2017)
- FIXED Fixed an issue where 2017 files stored in a location such as Documents wouldn't be automatically found after upgrading and instead Quicken would offer to open an old 2016 or 2015 file. If one didn't notice this, it could result in opening an old file giving the impression that data was lost. This doesn't happen if the file was stored in the default Quicken location under Library/Application Support.
- FIXED Fixed one of the top crashing issues that could occur when switching from an investment account to another account and running on macOS El Capitan 10.11.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that could occur after upgrading if there were Add Share investment transactions without a security.
- FIXED Fixed a crash that could occur if there was a downloaded transaction that auto-matched a scheduled transfer with multiple split lines in another account. Thanks to David McB for his help on this elusive crash.
- General bug and stability fixes.
Version 5.1.1 (Pre-Release)
- General bug and stability fixes.
Version 5.0.0 & 5.1.0 (Pre-Release)
What’s new in Quicken 2018?
- NEW Bill Presentment: Automatically link online bills to see the current due date and amount due
- NEW Customizable investment portfolio view with performance (IRR) tracking
- NEW Explicit lot assignment
- NEW Improved support for Single Mutual Fund (SMF) and 401k/403b accounts.
- NEW Loan What If Analysis
- NEW Multiple currency and conversion on sidebar and transfers