Action Required for Quicken for Mac 2015 and 2016 Users
Customers using Quicken for Mac 2015 v2.6.3 or earlier or 2016 v3.0.0 or earlier will no longer be able to download transactions or login to Quicken after April 19th, 2016.
NOTE: If you’re using Quicken for Mac 2015 v2.7.0 or above or 2016 v3.0.1 and above you do NOT need to take any action.
To ensure uninterrupted usage of Quicken for Mac 2015 and 2016 for affected customers, you MUST install the latest version of the software:
- Retail Version: Choose the Quicken > Check for Updates menu item to download the free update.
- Mac App Store Version: If you’re using Quicken for Mac 2016 go to the Mac App Store and click on Updates to update Quicken. If you’re using Quicken for Mac 2015 you’ll need to follow special update instructions to update because it is no longer available in the Mac App Store.
Why do I need to install this update?
- In v2.7.0 and v3.0.0, we updated our sign-in and sign-up process to enable an additional level of login security called Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) or “Secure Login”. The goal of Secure Login is to make it more difficult for an unauthorized person to access your computer, network or database.
- Beginning on April 19th, all customers will require Quicken for Mac 2015 v2.7.0, v3.0.1, or newer, in order to access Online Services, including downloading transactions, balances, and quotes.
What is Secure Login?
- With Secure Login, you will be required to enter a security code the first time you use Quicken Online Services (for example, when downloading transactions).
- You will be prompted to login with your Intuit ID and then you will be sent a security code via email (or mobile phone if you’ve added a mobile phone number to your Intuit profile). You must then enter this security code in Quicken before proceeding with your download.
Do I have to use Secure Login each time I update my Accounts?
- No. You will be asked once after Secure Login is first turned on. After that, you will only need to complete Secure Login about every two weeks, or if you start using Quicken on a different computer.
Do I need to do anything in preparation for Secure Login?
- Just make sure you include your preferred email address and/or mobile phone number in your Intuit profile. You can update your email address by following these steps:
- Choose the Quicken > Preferences menu item.
- Click the Connected Services icon in the Preferences window toolbar.
- Click the Update Email or Intuit ID link to open the accounts.intuit.com website in your web browser.
- You can also visit Quicken Profile Management (accounts.intuit.com) in your web browser.