Canada Subscription Membership FAQs
You may have questions before and after you purchase a Quicken Canada Membership. Below are some frequently asked questions:
Before You Purchase
- Do I need a subscription for Quicken Canada?Beginning with the 2017 release of Quicken Canada, all Canadian products will be subscription products. The new Quicken Canada subscription is designed so that you never go through the upgrade process again. In addition to Online Services, such as downloading transactions from your bank or syncing to your mobile device, you’ll also automatically receive new Quicken features, versions, and services as part of your Quicken membership, so you'll always have the newest product. To provide you with these new features, a subscription is required, and a one-year subscription is included with your purchase.
- How many versions of Quicken Canada are there? Can I use Quicken for Mac in Canada?There are now three different versions of Quicken Canada to choose from for Windows: Starter (formerly Cash Manager), Deluxe, and Home & Business. If you use a Mac, you can now use the Starter, Deluxe, or Premier versions of Mac in Canada.
- I have Quicken 2015 or 2016; do I need to buy a membership?Our currently supported products, Quicken Canada 2015 and 2016, do not require any additional subscription purchase. For more information about the currently supported Quicken versions, see this FAQ.
- What’s new in Quicken Canada?In addition to the features you’ve come to expect with Quicken Canada, added features in the new version include the Quicken companion mobile app, and automatic updates to make sure you’re always on the newest version of Quicken. Your subscription comes with one year of access to online services and a free one-year trial of our Quicken Premium Support plan (regular price $49.99). Learn more at Quicken.com/Canada.
- What is the Quicken Premium Support plan? How do I access it?Your Quicken Canada subscription comes with a one-year free trial of our special ‘skip the line’ access to customer support. To access your Premium Support plan phone number, you can review the information in your purchase verification email, or log in to your Quicken.com account.
- I don’t use online banking, do I still need to buy a membership? The new Quicken Canada is designed so that you never go through the upgrade process again. In addition to online banking, you’ll automatically receive new Quicken features, versions, and services as part of your Quicken membership, so you'll always have the newest product. To provide you with these new features, a subscription is required. All future Canadian products will be subscription products.
- Is Quicken Canada a web-based product? Do I need an internet connection to use it? The new Quicken Canada is just like previous Quicken Canada versions. You'll install the product on your computer system, and use the internet to access and download your online banking transactions. You'll need access to the internet to register your Quicken Canada product and to receive the latest product updates; Quicken Canada is not hosted on the cloud. After you register the product, you can enter transactions manually, offline; however, you’ll need to connect periodically to verify your registration credentials.
Membership Account Management
- When does my Quicken membership end?Your subscription ends one year from your purchase date. You can view your purchase and expiration dates in your Quicken.com account.
- What if I don’t want my membership to auto-renew?Your Quicken membership is set to auto-renew when it expires so you don't experience any disruption in your Quicken services. If you prefer to turn off your auto-renewal, just sign in to your account on Quicken.com > Sign In > My Account with your Quicken ID. Scroll down to Plan Details and click Turn off auto-renew.
- How do I update my payment information?You can update your payment information in the My Account section of Quicken.com. When you log in, select Change Payment Info.
- Why can't I renew my Quicken Canada Membership?You can only renew within 30 days of your membership expiration. When you’re within 30 days of your subscription expiration, just purchase your membership renewal at Quicken.com.
- When does my Quicken membership activate--date of purchase or registration?Your subscription is activated on your date of purchase. You can confirm your purchase date by logging into your account on Quicken.com.
- What happens when my Quicken membership ends?
When your Quicken subscription ends, you'll still be able to access, view, and export all of your financial data. You’ll also be able to add manual accounts and transactions to your data file.
You won’t be able to use online services, such as downloading transactions, mobile sync, or bill pay, and you won’t have access to Quicken support or product updates. We’ll continue to let you know about product changes and enhancements within the Quicken product.
- How will I know if I need to renew my subscription membership?If you already have a subscription membership, you'll receive an email reminder 30 days prior to your renewal date. If your membership expires, you'll see these messages in your Quicken product:
Just click the Renew option to purchase a membership.
- How do I renew access to my Quicken subscription?If you already have a subscription membership, you'll receive an email reminder 30 days prior to your renewal date. If you're signed up for auto-renew, you don't need to take any action; your credit card on file will be charged on your expiration date. If you're not signed up for auto-renew, seven days prior to your membership renewal date, you'll be able to purchase your membership renewal at Quicken.com.
- How do I cancel my Quicken subscription?You can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting Quicken Support.