Converting from Mac 2007 to Quicken Mac 2017
After installing the Quicken Mac 2017 product you will be prompted to select which version of Quicken you will be converting. When you are converting from Quicken for Mac 2007 follow the steps below.
Note: Prior converting your data file make sure that it has no password; remove it if there is one. Disable downloading of transactions on all any old and current accounts Disable "Pay bills online" on any current active accounts.
- Select Start from a Quicken Mac 2007 file
- Sign in using your Intuit ID, or create an Intuit ID
- Select your Mobile preferences
- Open Quicken Mac 2007 and Update your online accounts and scheduled transactions.
- Quit Quicken Mac 2007. The file can not be imported if Quicken Mac 2007 is running.
- Click the Select button and choose the file to convert (or drag and drop the file on the window).
- Click Next to convert your file.
- Wait while the conversion is processing
- How will I know if my data file is being converted?You'll see a message telling you that your data file is being imported
Note: This could take a very long time if you have a very large data file (more than five or ten years of data) and/or an older computer.
- How will I know if my data file is being converted?
- Now your data should show up in the Product.
Note: For Bill Pay in Quicken 2016 be sure that your account connection is set to direct connect. Click here for more information on connection types. Always check the account balances before and after the conversion.