Converting from Mac 2015 or 2016 to Quicken Mac 2017
After installing the Quicken Mac 2017 product you will be prompted to select which version of Quicken you will be converting. When you are converting from Quicken for Mac 2015 or Mac 2016 follow the steps below.
- Open Quicken Mac 2015 or Mac 2016 and Update your online accounts and scheduled transactions.
- Quit Quicken Mac 2015 or Mac 2016. The file can not be imported if Quicken Mac 2015 or Mac 2016 is running.
- Open Quicken Mac 2016 or Mac 2017. Select Start from a Quicken Mac 2015 file or Mac 2016 file
- Click the Select button and choose the file to convert (or drag and drop the file on the window).
- Click Next to convert your file.
- Wait while the conversion is processing
- How will I know if my data file is being converted?You'll see a message telling you that your data file is being imported
Note: This could take a very long time if you have a very large data file (more than five or ten years of data) and/or an older computer.
- How will I know if my data file is being converted?
- Now your data should show up in the Product.
Note: Always check the account balances before and after the conversion.