Edit a Quicken Bill Pay payment
Important: This FAQ refers to Quicken Bill Pay, a service that will be discontinued on August 31st, 2020. Our new service, Quicken Bill Manager, is now available for paying your bills directly from Quicken. For more information about switching to Quicken Bill Manager, click here.
Quicken Bill Pay offers the two following options to change a payment.
Through the Quicken Bill Pay website:
Log on to the Quicken Bill Pay website.
In your Outbox, locate the payment you want to change, and then click the Edit link.
Note: After a payment has started processing, you can no longer make changes to it. A payment has started processing if the payment status is anything other than Scheduled (for example, In Process or Processed). If you overpaid the amount, contact the payee to request a refund or a credit toward your next payment. If you have been charged late fees, contact the payee. They may waive the fees for you.
Make the necessary changes, and click the Submit payment button.
In your Quicken software: If a payment is Sent, you can cancel the payment if it is more than two business days before the scheduled payment date. If it is a check payment, you can cancel the payment if it is more than four business days before the scheduled payment date.
- From the Quicken Online Center, select the payment you want to change.
- Click Cancel Payment.
- On the Online menu, choose One Step Update to update payment information.
- From the Quicken Register, select the payment you want to change.
- From the Online Menu, choose Payments, and then choose Cancel Payment.
- In the Outbox, choose Send now to update payment information.