When Installing Quicken: Exit Code Error 1310
Installing Quicken may return an error 1310 "cannot write to file" or "error writing to file".
Note: You will need to be logged into your computer as a user with administrator rights to follow the steps below.
To resolve this error:
- Double-click on the Quicken.exe file to start the installation.
- In the first window of the Installation Wizard, hold Ctrl + Shift and click on Let's go.
- A prompt will appear advising, "Quicken won't review previous installations." Click OK.
- Agree to the license agreement and click Next.
- On the following prompt, click Installation location.
- Make the new folder within the Program files (x86) folder and name it "Quicken New."
- Click OK.
- Click Install and follow the rest of the on-screen instructions. Click Done.