Error message when using Online Services: OL-209 or OL-209b
Error OL-209 or OL-209b when trying to download transactions from your financial institution.
Quicken is unable to read a response from the server. The response may not have been returned, there may have been inadequate disk space, or a disk error may have occurred while saving the response to a temporary file.
The simplest solution would be to wait and try again later. If the problem persists, continue with the steps below.
Delete the files in your Temporary Internet Files folder in Windows
- Click the Start button or Windows icon.
- Click Control Panel. In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder.
- Click Network and Internet (category view) and then click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, and then click Delete under the Browsing history.
- Click Delete all, then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this information.
- Click OK.
Alternative steps to delete the temporary files in the system
- Open the Run Command (Windows Key + R).
- Type in %TEMP%
- Click on a single file and select them all by doing a Ctrl + A
- Delete all of the files there (Some files cannot be deleted, just click on skip or skip all).
Note: If the Temporary Internet Files folder contains a significant amount of content, this process may take several minutes to complete.
If the issue persists
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, you will need to contact your financial institution. Quicken does not have access to the financial institution's servers to correct the problem. This may require you ask to speak with an online services specialist that handles transaction download issues at the financial institution. If your financial institution states they can't assist, an escalation with the financial institution may be necessary.