Error in Quicken for Mac: The attempt to download from this institution has failed (2001 The parameters provided to this api are not valid)
While downloading data from your financial institution using Quicken for Mac, you may receive the following message:
The attempt to download from this institution has failed (2001 The parameters provided to this api are not valid (key=accountID)). Please try again later.
This issue can be caused by accounts in Quicken being activated for Quicken Connect, but no longer exist on the Quicken servers. This condition can occur if the accounts are deactivated, and then you open a copy of the file, or restore a backup of the file where the accounts were still activated. Quicken will attempt to connect to the accounts on the server, and if they are not there, it will return the above error.
To resolve this error, you will need to deactivate and reactivate your accounts.
Deactivating the Affected Accounts:
- Click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Click on Disconnect Account.
- Click Done.
- Repeat the above steps for each account until they are all deactivated.
Reactivating the Accounts for Online Update:
- Select Accounts menu > New > Account Type.
- Enter the name of your bank, then click Continue.
- Enter the required sign-in credentials you use to access your accounts, and then click Continue.
- Answer any security questions, etc. required by your bank to sign in, and click Continue.
- Once Quicken has discovered your list of accounts, you will have the option to link them to the existing accounts already in Quicken.
- In the Action column of the Accounts Found window, select the appropriate existing account to link.
- In the Type column, choose the correct account type for each account from the dropdown menus
- Once you have linked all existing accounts for this bank, click on Continue to complete the activation process for your accounts, and then click Finish.
- Repeat these steps for each bank needing to be reactivated.
If the issue persists
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact Quicken Support.