A. INTUIT GENERAL TERMS.
1. Thank you for selecting the software offered by Intuit Inc. and/or its subsidiaries ("Intuit," "we," "our" or "us"). This software license agreement together with Intuit's Privacy Statement provided to you on the website or documentation for the Intuit software you have selected and the Additional Terms and Conditions for the Services (collectively, the "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you ("you," "your," "licensee"), and Intuit. It gives you certain rights and responsibilities depending on the software license you selected, purchased or subscribed to as more fully described below (collectively, the "Software"). By clicking I AGREE, and/or accessing or using the Software, you indicate that you have read and understood and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not granted any rights whatsoever in the Software, and you will not be able to access or use the Software. Your access to or use of the Software may also be subject to your acceptance of separate agreements with Intuit and / or third parties. This Agreement incorporates by reference applicable program, subscription, activation, ordering and pricing terms provided to you online or offline for the Software selected by you and for other Intuit products made available to you through this Software, which may be subject to change from time to time. These terms will also govern your continued purchase and use of the Software, including such additional Intuit internet based products made available to you through the Software you have selected.
2. LICENSE GRANT AND RESTRICTIONS. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including the payment of any applicable fees, Intuit grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, during the initial term and any renewal term or other period of use provided in the activation and ordering terms for the Software, to access and use the Software solely for the purpose described in the Intuit description for the Software, and, if applicable, solely by such number of authorized users for which the applicable fee has been paid by you.
In addition to the Software provided herein, the term Software includes any other programs, tools, components and any updates (for example, documentation, help content, bug fixes, or other information and releases) of the Software that Intuit provides or makes available to you.
Except as expressly allowed herein or by applicable law, you are not licensed or permitted under this Agreement to do any of the following and must not allow any third party to do any of the following: (i) access or attempt to access any other Intuit systems, programs or data that are not made available for public use; (ii) copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, license, sublicense, modify or create derivative works based on the Software in whole or in part, resell or distribute in any way the Software; (iii) permit any third party to benefit from the use or functionality of the Software via a rental, lease, timesharing, service bureau, or other arrangement; (iv) transfer any of the rights granted to you under this Agreement; (v) work around any technical limitations in the Software, use any tool to enable features or functionalities that are otherwise disabled in the Software, or decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer the Software except as otherwise permitted by applicable law; (vi) perform or attempt to perform any actions that would interfere with the proper working of the Software, prevent access to or the use of the Software by Intuit's other licensees or customers, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Intuit's infrastructure.
3. INTUIT SERVICES. You may be made aware of or offered services, features, products, applications, online communities, or promotions provided by Intuit ("Intuit Services"). If you decide to use Intuit Services, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions governing these Intuit Services and separate fees may apply. You acknowledge that in accessing certain Intuit Services through the Software you may upload or enter certain data from your account(s) such as names, addresses and phone numbers, purchases, and sales among others, to the Internet. You hereby grant Intuit permission to use information about your business and usage experience to enable us to provide the Intuit Services to you, including updating and maintaining your data, addressing errors or service interruptions, and to enhance the types of data and services Intuit may provide to you in the future. You also grant Intuit permission to combine your business data, if any, with that of others in a way that does not identify you, your company or any individual personally to improve services and to compare business practices with other users. You also grant Intuit permission to create, market or promote new Intuit offerings based on your data.
3.1 Online Communities. The Software may include a feature that allows you to exchange useful and helpful information with other users of the Software ("Live Community"). Internet access is required to use Live Community.
(i) Content. You agree that Intuit does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy of the content in Live Community, and will not be liable for any damages incurred as a result of the submission or use of any such content. Live Community users may post hypertext links to content hosted and maintained by third parties. Intuit has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Your access to any linked sites is at your own risk, so use good judgment before you click on any link or access any linked site. Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public, such as by posting your contact information or email address while using Live Community. Intuit reserves the right to monitor the Live Community content from time to time. Additionally, Intuit reserves the right to edit, remove or refuse to remove Live Community content in its sole discretion.
(ii) Conduct. You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information) that contains: (a) Inappropriate content such as: profanity, objectionable material of any kind, links to websites that contains information about illegal activity, information or software that contains a virus, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component. (b) Spam such as: commercial solicitations, chain letters, securities offerings, repetitive, pointless or irrelevant postings. (c) Attacks such as: "flaming" other participants in a manner that might incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument, creating usernames to attack other participants' identities, impersonating other individuals or falsely representing your identity or qualifications, postings that breach any users' privacy.
4. TRIAL VERSIONS. If you are registered for a trial use of the Software, in connection with the foregoing license grant, you may use a copy of the trial version of the Software only for the amount of time specified in the Software or in the materials accompanying the Software; and in accordance with the license grant above in Section 2, for a single user license. BY YOUR USE OF THE TRIAL VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT AFTER THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF TIME SPECIFIED IN THE SOFTWARE OR IN THE MATERIALS ACCOMPANYING THE SOFTWARE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO ACCESS AND/OR USE SUCH TRIAL SOFTWARE OR ANY DATA YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO SUCH SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU PURCHASE THE APPROPRIATE FULL VERSION OF SUCH SOFTWARE.
5. FEES. If the Software is purchased by you on a payment or subscription basis, as selected by you, the following terms will apply to you. Payments are paid in U.S. dollars and credit cards will be charged in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated in additional product ordering and pricing terms provided to you for the Software you have selected. The Software will be deemed accepted by you upon acceptance of this Agreement for trial versions (if applicable) of the Software and upon acceptance of this Agreement and payment of the applicable fees and/or subscription fees for paid for versions of the Software. Access to the Software will begin (i) for trial versions after your acceptance of this Agreement and after Intuit receives and processes all the information requested in the registration process; and (ii) for paid versions after your acceptance of this Agreement and after Intuit receives and processes all the information, including the credit card or bank account information requested by the registration or ordering process. You must have a valid credit card or a valid debit card acceptable to Intuit with an appropriate logo ("Card") or sufficient funds in a checking or savings account to cover an electronic debit of the fees to obtain access to the Software. The payment information you provide must be accurate, current and complete, and you agree to notify us promptly of any change in the payment information. When you subscribe and provide payment information, your Card or bank account will be debited, and will be automatically re-debited at the beginning of each applicable monthly or one-year subscription term ("Renewal Term") at the then-current subscription rate to maintain access to the Software. Cancellation and renewal terms may be supplemented by program terms provided to you in writing or on the website for the Software you have selected.
6. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP. The Software is licensed not sold, and Intuit reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement. The Software is protected by copyright, trade secret and other intellectual property laws. Intuit and its licensors own the title, copyright, and other worldwide intellectual property rights in the Software and all copies of the Software. This Agreement does not grant you any rights to trademarks or service marks of Intuit. This Agreement does not limit any rights that Intuit may have under trade secret, copyright, patent or other laws.
7. REGISTRATION. Your registration information to use the Software must be (i) accurate, current and complete as prompted in the sign-up process (the "Registration Data"), and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it accurate, current and complete. If you provide any Registration Data that is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Intuit has reasonable grounds to suspect is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Intuit may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future access to and use of the Software (or any portion thereof).
- To Intuit maintaining your data according to the Intuit Privacy Statement, as part of the Software.
- To give Intuit permission to aggregate your uploaded, non-personally identifiable account data with that of other users of Intuit products. By way of example, this means that Intuit may use that aggregated data to improve products, services, or design promotions.
- Intuit is a global company and may access or store personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside of the European Union that may be deemed to have inadequate protections. When you agree to these this Agreement, you agree to this practice.
9. FEEDBACK. Intuit may provide you with a mechanism to provide feedback, suggestions and ideas, if you choose, about its online products and services (Feedback). You agree that Intuit may, in its sole discretion, use the Feedback you provide to Intuit in any way, including in future modifications of the Software, multimedia works and/or advertising and promotional materials relating thereto. You hereby grant Intuit a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, display and otherwise exploit, any information you provide to Intuit in the Feedback.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SOFTWARE AND ANY CONTENT ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, PARTICIPATING FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALERS AND SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY, "SUPPLIERS") DISCLAIM ALL GUARANTEES AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SOFTWARE, CONTENT, AND RELATED MATERIALS, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INTERFERENCE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND SIMILAR LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION. INTUIT AND ITS SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE, THIRD PARTY SERVICES OR ANY ONLINE SERVICES ARE SECURE OR FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, OR ERRORS, OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. FURTHER, INTUIT DOES NOT WARRANT ACCESS TO THE INTERNET OR TO ANY OTHER SERVICE OR CONTENT OR DATA THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR CONTINUED ACCESS TO THE TRIAL VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE OR TO THE DATA ENTERED INTO THE TRIAL VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE AFTER THE TRIAL PERIOD OF TIME IS OVER (IF APPLICABLE). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THE SOFTWARE IS DESIGNED TO OPERATE AND PROVIDE INFORMATION WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT INTUIT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ARE NOT ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, ACCOUNTING OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICE. IF LEGAL ADVICE OR OTHER EXPERT ASSISTANCE IS REQUIRED, THE SERVICE OF A COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL SHOULD BE SOUGHT. INTUIT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL SATISFY ANY STATUTORY OR REGULATORY OBLIGATIONS, OR WILL ASSIST WITH, GUARANTEE OR OTHERWISE ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1996 (HIPAA), THE GRAMM-LEACH-BLILEY ACT OF 1999, THE SARBANES-OXLEY ACT OF 2002, OR OTHER FEDERAL OR STATE STATUTES OR REGULATIONS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, RELATED SERVICES OR CONTENT IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP ABREAST OF CHANGES IN LAWS, REGULATIONS AND ACCOUNTING PRACTICES THAT AFFECT YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL INTUIT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, COST, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR RECEIPT OF OR PARTICIPATION IN THIRD PARTY SERVICES. THE ENTIRE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF INTUIT AN ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS SUPPLIERS FOR ANY REASON ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO INTUIT FOR THE SOFTWARE IN THE 12 MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM, UNLESS OTHERWISE SEPARATELY AGREED BY INTUIT IN WRITING. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATING TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, TELECOMMUNICATION FAILURES, THE LOSS, CORRUPTION OR THEFT OF DATA, VIRUSES, SPYWARE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, TAX POSITIONS TAKEN BY YOU, USE OF THE SOFTWARE WITH HARDWARE OR OTHER SOFTWARE THAT DOES NOT MEET INTUIT'S SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS OR THE LIKE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS SUPPLIERS OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. . THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN INTUIT AND YOU. INTUIT WOULD NOT HAVE PROVIDED THIS SOFTWARE WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
12. CONSENT TO CONDUCT BUSINESS ELECTRONICALLY (CONSENT).
(a) Consent to Electronic Communications. Intuit may be required by law to send Communications to you that may pertain to the Software, the use of information you may submit to Intuit. Additionally, certain of the Third Party Services you choose may require Communications with the third parties who administer these programs. You agree that Intuit, on behalf of itself, and others who administer such services (as applicable), may send Communications to you by email and/or may make Communications available to you by posting them at one or more of our sponsored websites, such as www.quicken.com,www.turbotax.com, etc. You consent to receive these Communications electronically. The term Communications means any notice, record, agreement, or other type of information that is made available to you or received from you in connection with the Software and Third Party Services.
(b) Consenting to Do Business Electronically. The decision whether to do business electronically is yours, and you should consider whether you have the required hardware and software capabilities described below. Your consent to do business electronically and our agreement to do so covers all transactions you conduct through the Software for as long as you remain a licensee of the Software.
(c) Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access and retain an electronic record of Communications, you will need: a computer, a monitor, a connection to an Internet service provider, Internet browser software that supports 128-bit encryption, and an e-mail address. By selecting the "I AGREE" button, you are confirming to us that you have the means to access, and to print or download, Communications. We do not provide ISP services. You must have your own Internet service provider.
(d) Withdrawal of Consent. If you later decide that you do not want to receive future Communications electronically, write to us at Privacy Team, Intuit Inc, 2800 East Commerce Center Place Tucson, AZ 85706. If you withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically, we may terminate your use of the Software.
(e) Changes to Your Email Address. You agree to notify us promptly of any change in your email address or Registration Data. You can do so by logging on to https://privacy.intuit.com/cpi/do/signin and following the instructions to submit a comment to Intuit (please include both your old and new email address).
13. AMENDMENT. Please review the Agreement periodically on the Software website provided to you for additional terms and changes. Intuit has the right to change or add to the terms of this Agreement, and to change, delete, discontinue, or impose conditions on any feature or aspect of the Software, including but not limited to, terms, Internet based services, pricing, technical support options, and other product-related policies, at any time upon notice by any means Intuit determines in its discretion to be reasonable, including posting information concerning such change on any Intuit sponsored website. Your continued use of the Software after Intuit's publication of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of this Agreement as modified.
14. TERMINATION. Your rights under this Agreement may be terminated or suspended by Intuit immediately and without notice if you or any of your authorized users fail to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement or you no longer consent to receive Electronic Communications in accordance with Section 12. Upon termination you must immediately cease using the Software. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect Intuit's rights hereunder. If you choose to cancel your access to the Software or any part thereof, you must do so in accordance with the activation and ordering terms for the specific Software product you have selected.
15. THIRD PARTY SERVICES. In connection with your use of the Software, you may be made aware of services, products, offers and promotions provided by third parties, and not by Intuit ("Third Party Services"). If you decide to use Third Party Services, you are responsible for reviewing and understanding the terms and conditions as well as any fees, if any, governing any Third Party Services. You authorize Intuit to use and disclose your contact information, including name and address, for the purpose of making the Third Party Services you choose available to you. You agree that the third party, and not Intuit, is responsible for the performance of the Third Party Services. The Software may contain or reference links to websites operated by third parties ("Third Party Websites"). These links are provided as a convenience only. Intuit is not responsible for the content of any Third Party Website or any link contained in a Third Party Website. Intuit does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third Party Websites, and the inclusion of any link in the Software is not and does not imply an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification or monitoring by Intuit of any data contained in, or any services made available through, any Third Party Website. In no event will Intuit be responsible for the information contained in such Third Party Website or for Licensees use of or inability to use such website. Access to any Third Party Website is at your own risk, and you acknowledge and understand that linked Third Party Websites may contain terms and privacy policies as well as fees that are different from those of Intuit. Intuit is not responsible for such provisions, and expressly disclaims any liability for use of such Third Party Services and Third Party Websites.
16. U.S. GOVERNMENT. The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (OCT 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation.". All U.S. Government End Users acquire the Intuit Software with only those rights set forth herein.
17. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Software is subject to the U.S. export controls regulations administered by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce (15 CFR, Chapter VII) and that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You will not export or re-export the Software, or portion thereof, directly or indirectly, in violation the U.S. export administration laws and regulations to any country or end user; or to any end user who you know or have reason to know will utilize them in the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You further acknowledge that this Software may include technical data subject to such U.S. export regulations.
18. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement is the complete agreement between you and Intuit and sets forth the entire liability of Intuit, its affiliates and its Suppliers and your exclusive remedy with respect to the Software and its use. Any modification or waiver of the terms herein must be in a writing signed by an authorized representative of Intuit and expressly referencing the applicable provisions of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then it shall be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law, and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. This Agreement may not be assigned by you without the prior written approval of Intuit, but may be assigned without your consent by Intuit to (a) a parent or direct or indirect subsidiary, (b) in an acquisition of the assets including the Software, in whole or in part, (c) a successor by merger. Any assignment in violation of this Section will be void. This Agreement will be governed by California law, without regard to its conflicts of law principles, and applicable federal law. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state courts in Santa Clara County, California or federal court for the Northern District of California.
B. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SOFTWARE, ADD-ON PRODUCTS AND RELATED SERVICES
Your use of the Software, Add-On Products and related Services provided by Intuit are subject to the General Terms of Service above and including these Additional Terms and Conditions which govern your use of the Software, Add-on Products and related Services indicated below. These Additional Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any conflict or inconsistency with the General Terms of Service above.
Thank you for selecting Quicken software. This Software License Agreement (the "Agreement") gives you certain rights and responsibilities depending on the software product license you purchased as more fully described below ("Software"). Before using the Software, you must read and accept the supplemental terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. If you do not accept these supplemental terms, you will not be able to use the Software. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, promptly return the Software and accompanying items to the place of purchase within sixty (60) days of purchase with a dated receipt for a full refund. See Section 3 Satisfaction Guaranteed below for more details.
1. LICENSE GRANT AND RESTRICTIONS. Intuit Inc. ("Intuit", "us", "we", "our") grants you ("you" and "your" means an individual or single entity) the following rights provided that you comply with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
(i) Single User License. You may install and use a copy of the Software on up to three (3) computers used by a single household. If you purchased a valid license for the Software and received an Authentic Intuit CDROM, such CDROM is your backup copy of the Software. If you purchased a valid license and received the Software pre-installed on a new computer or through an electronic download, you may make one backup copy of the Software, but only for the purpose of reinstalling the Software, if needed, on the computer(s) referenced in (a) above.
(ii) Multi User License. You may: (a) install the Software on the number of computers equal to the number of user licenses you purchased; (b) access and use the Software solely by the number of specific persons corresponding to the number of user licenses you purchased; (c) place a copy of your software data files on a network for access by licensed users; (d) install the Software on 1 additional computer above the number of the license(s) you purchased, solely to accompany your software data file, and not for use of the Software by another user; and (e) for each user license you purchased, make one copy of the printed materials accompanying the Software, if any, or print one copy of any online user documentation solely for use by licensed users.
(iii) Not for Resale Versions. You may install and use a copy of the Not for Resale version on one (1) computer used by a single household. The Not for Resale CDROM is your backup copy of the Software.
You are not licensed or permitted under this Agreement to do any of the following: (a) modify, adapt, translate, rent or sublicense (including offering the Software to third parties on an applications service provider or time-sharing basis); (b) assign, loan, resell, transfer or distribute the Software, CDROM(s), or related materials or create derivative works based upon the Software or any part thereof; (c) network the Software; and (d) copy the Software in whole or part, except as expressly stated in (i), (ii), (iii), or (iv) above, or use trade secret information contained in the Software, to develop software to interface with the Software. You agree not to (and not to permit others to): (i) decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer the Software, except as otherwise expressly permitted by applicable law; or (ii) remove, alter or obscure any confidentiality or proprietary rights notices (including copyright notices) of Intuit or its licensors on or within the Software or any copies of the Software. All license transfers are subject to written approval by Intuit and may be subject to a transfer fee determined by Intuit in its sole discretion.
In addition to the Quicken software, the term "Software" includes any other programs, tools, internet-based services, components and any "updates" (for example, Software maintenance, service information, help content, bug fixes, or maintenance releases etc.) of the Software that Intuit provides or makes available to you after the date you obtained your initial copy of the Software. You are entitled to download updates to the Software that Intuit generally makes available to other users of the Software. Certain Software may be accompanied by, and will be subject to, additional terms.
2. FINANCIAL INSTITUTION SERVICES.
2.1. General. In connection with Licensee's use of the Software and as part of the functionality of the Software, Licensee may have access to certain online services that may be made available by Licensee's financial institutions ("FI Services"), including online banking, online payment, online investment account download, online bill pay, and online trading. The Software is designed to allow Licensee to access FI Services (if and to the extent provided by Licensee's financial institutions) to set up banking information, schedule the Software to access Licensee's account(s), download transactions into the Software and otherwise aggregate information from Licensee's account(s) with Licensee's financial institutions. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that Intuit has no control over the provision of FI Services or provision of access to the FI Services by Licensee's financial institutions, does not guarantee that Licensee will be able to use the Software with the FI Services, and will have no liability whatsoever for any actions or inactions on the part of the financial institutions resulting in Licensee's inability to use the Software to access Licensee's accounts, obtain data, download transactions, or otherwise use or access the FI Services. If you lose or forget your user name or password, it will be necessary for you to return to the appropriate financial institution if you have any problems with respect to that user name or password.
2.2. Password Vault. Access to Account Information can be through the optional use of the Password Vault. The Password Vault allows you to store your FI Account Information for multiple financial institutions in one place with a vault password created by yourself to access your FI Account Information. The Password Vault provides cryptographic protection to your data, but factors such as a well-chosen password, physical security for your computer and proper safeguards when you use a network or the Internet are all important factors in the set of protections necessary to provide security for your data. Because most of these factors are beyond Intuit's control, you agree that Intuit is not liable for safeguarding your Password Vault data. By providing password information to us in this manner, you authorize us as required to access your Account Information from Institutions and present it to you in the Software.
2.3. Collection of Financial Institution Account Information. Licensee acknowledges that in accessing the FI Services through the Software, Licensee's financial institution account access number(s), password(s), security question(s) and answer(s), account number(s), login information, and any other security or access information, and the actual data in Licensee's account(s) with such financial institution(s) such as bank balances, credit card charges, debits and deposits (collectively, "FI Account Data"), are collected and stored in the Software. Licensee authorizes Intuit, in conjunction with Intuit's operation and hosting of the Software, to use certain FI Account Data to (i) collect Licensee's FI Account Data, (ii) reformat and manipulate such FI Account Data, (iii) create and provide hypertext links to Licensee's financial institutions, (iv) access the financial institutions' websites using Licensee's FI Account Data, (v) update and maintain Licensee's account information, (vi) address errors or service interruptions, (vii) enhance the type of data and services we can provide to you in the future, and (viii) take such other actions as are reasonably necessary to perform the actions described in (i) through (vii). Licensee hereby represents that Licensee is the legal owner of Licensee's FI Account Data and that Licensee has the authority to appoint, and hereby expressly does appoint, Intuit as Licensee's agent with limited power of attorney to access and retrieve Licensee's FI Account Data on Licensee's behalf. Licensee further acknowledges that Intuit does not review Licensee's FI Account Data for completeness or accuracy and agrees that Intuit is not responsible for its completeness or accuracy. Any transactions or informational activities performed at any financial institution's website are not made through the Software and Intuit assumes no responsibility for such transactions or activities. Licensee is solely responsible for any charges associated with Licensee's financial institutions.
2.4. Information from Financial Institutions' Websites. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that (i) some financial institutions may not allow the Software to access the FI Services, (ii) financial institutions may make changes to their websites, with or without notice to us, that may prevent or delay aggregation of information from such websites, and (iii) the Software "refreshes" the Quicken Account Data by collecting the FI Account Data nightly, so Licensee's most recent transactions may not be reflected in any account balances or other account information presented to Licensee in the Software. If Licensee sees a discrepancy in Quicken Account Data, and in any case before making any transactions or decisions based on such account information presented in the Software, Licensee should check the last refresh date for the account and confirm Quicken Account Data is correct by following the link back to the applicable financial institution or otherwise confirm that Quicken Account Data is up to date and accurate.
3. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. If you are not satisfied with the Software and (a) You purchased the Software from a retail store, you may uninstall and delete all copies of the Software from your computer(s) and return it within 60 days of purchase to the store where you purchased your license with a dated receipt for a full refund. If the store is unable or unwilling to issue a refund or you obtained the Software directly from Intuit, you may uninstall and delete all copies of the Software and return the Software with a dated receipt or packing slip within 60 days of purchase via U.S. mail to Intuit Inc., Returns Department, PO Box 386, Duncan, SC 29334-0386 or via UPS to Intuit Inc., Returns Department, 110 Hidden Lake Circle, Duncan, SC 29334. (b) You obtained the Software directly from Intuit via an Internet download, you may submit a written request to Intuit including your name, contact and product order information to Intuit Inc., Returns Department, PO Box 19004, Greenville, SC 29390-9004. (c) The Software was pre-installed on your computer when you bought it, or if CDROMs came packaged with your computer at no extra charge, follow the manufacturer's applicable return policy; or (d) You obtained the Software by downloading it on your computer, contact the provider of the download site.
4. TERMINATION AND AMENDMENT. The Software is subject to Intuit's discontinuation policy and Intuit reserves the right to discontinue all support for the Software, and/or for any features, online or other services or content accessible through the Software in accordance with its current discontinuation policy. If the Software offers services that require a connection to an Intuit server (including Internet-based services), such as downloading financial data from a participating bank, credit union, credit card, brokerage, mutual fund accounts, online bill paying, and downloading stock/fund quotes and news, such services may expire in accordance with Intuit's current discontinuation policy.
Intuit's current discontinuation policy is to provide support for the Software and for online and other services or content accessible through the Software for the most current version of the Intuit Software plus the prior two years' versions . More information about the discontinuation policy relating to the Intuit Software is available at http://www.newquicken.com/policy.
5. THIRD PARTY NOTICES. The Software contains the following:
Adobe® Flash® Player software by Adobe Systems Incorporated, Copyright © 1995-2006 Adobe Macromedia Software LLC. All rights reserved. Adobe and Flash are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.