How do I enter a share class conversion for a mutual fund?
114 people found this helpful
This procedure will maintain an accurate cost basis for the new share class.
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click Enter Transactions.
- In the Enter Transaction list, select Mutual Fund Conversion.
- Complete the form using the following information:
- Existing Fund - enter your original share class.
- New Mutual Fund - enter your new share class.
- Total number of new fund shares - enter the total number of new fund shares received for the total number of original class shares.
- Price per share of new Mutual Fund - enter the closing price of the new share class on the date of conversion.
- Click Enter/Done.