How do I enter a share class conversion for a mutual fund?
This procedure will maintain an accurate cost basis for the new share class.
1. Open the account you want to use.
2. Click Enter Transactions.
3. In the Enter Transaction list, select Mutual Fund Conversion.
4. Complete the form using the following information:
- Existing Fund - enter your original share class.
- New Mutual Fund - enter your new share class.
- Shares in new Fund per held share - enter the number of new share class shares received for each original share class share. If you're unsure of the number to enter here, contact your mutual fund company or broker for the correct number to enter.
- Price per share of new Mutual Fund - enter the closing price of the new share class on the date of conversion.
5. Click Enter/Done.