QIF Import Frequently Asked Questions (Quicken Windows)
QIF import in Quicken is available only for asset and liability accounts (including houses and vehicles) and cash accounts. If you have Quicken Home & Business, you can use QIF files to import transactions into accounts payable accounts and invoice accounts.
You can also export and import lists, such as Security Lists or Category Lists, using the QIF format. QIF import is not available for checking, credit card, savings, 401(k), or any other brokerage accounts.
Review this FAQ for more information on the types of data you can import into Quicken.
To import a QIF file:
- Backup your Quicken data file.
- If the account you want to import data into doesn't yet exist, create a new one - a QIF file must have a destination account already created.
- Choose File > File Import > QIF file.
- In the Location of QIF file field, Browse to the QIF file
- In the Quicken account to import into list, select the account you want to import the QIF file into.