Quicken 2017 for Windows Release Notes
Listed below are prior release notes for Quicken 2017 for Windows. For current release notes and download links for the latest update, please see Quicken 2017 for Windows Update and Mondo Patch.
Release R10 (US Versions, Aug 2017)
Please note, the fixes from releases 7, 8, and 9 are all included in R10
- Fixed: An issue that would cause intermittent crashes for some customers.
- An issue where some customers experienced a crash during sign-in.
- Improved: Updated technology that Quicken uses to display certain types of dynamic content.
- Fixed: An issue where some customers were unable to register for a free credit score.
Release R6 (April 2017)
Important upgrade for Online Bills
- Upgrade: The Quicken Online bills service has been upgraded to provide a higher quality of service and security. Quicken now supports 8,000+ billers and we will continue to add new billers. To complete this upgrade, you may be prompted to re-login to some of your biller accounts.
Fixed: An issue in 2017 R5 where setting Quicken to start on an account register (in Preferences > Startup) would cause Quicken to open with a "Review downloaded payee" message on screen. (A similar message could also be seen when performing a backup while viewing an account register).
Release R5 (March 2017)
Fixed: An issue where Quicken was not opening on 'Full Screen' mode on dual monitors.
Fixed: An issue with 'Online bills' where when you reset your cloud account, you will not be able to access your old bills nor re-add the same bills.
Fixed: An issue where the task bar (when set on top) hides the quicken menus.
Fixed: An issue where OSU would display a spinner forever.
Fixed: An issue where portfolio X-Ray would fail with an error.
Fixed: Minor cosmetic issues related to the new design.
Fixed: An issue where investment accounts had the 'Red flag' even if there were no transactions to be accepted.
Fixed: An issue where when you copy clipboard on reports, it produces distorted text.
Fixed: An issue where 'Net worth and Balances' report was not showing up for some data files.
Fixed: An issue where Growth of 10k graph was not calculating the data points correctly.
Fixed: An issue where the register fields were not aligned when the row height was set to 'Comfort' or 'Standard'.
Fixed: An issue where One Step Update would always display error for Online Bills refresh.
Fixed: An issue where 'Sold' transaction would result in incorrect cash balance if the sale price is less than the commission paid.
Fixed: An issue where soldX transactions would be reflected incorrectly if there was a Realized Gain.
Fixed: An issue where Mileage Rate was incorrect.
Fixed: An issue where the field for entering 'Estimated current value of the vehicle' was missing for asset accounts.
Fixed: An issue where Corporate Spin offs were not calculating the Return of Capital correctly.
Enhancement: You can now sync multiple data files to Quicken mobile app. When you sign in to the mobile app, you will be asked to choose the data file that you wish to see on the app.
Release R4 (January 2017)
Important upgrade for Online Bills
- Upgrade: The Quicken Online bills service has been upgraded to provide a higher quality of service and security. Quicken now supports 8000+ billers and we will continue to add new billers. To complete this upgrade, you may be prompted to re-login to some of your biller accounts.
- Fixed: An issue where the report columns were too small and non-adjustable.
- Fixed: An issue where the investment register columns were non-adjustable.
- Fixed: An issue where the ‘Red flag’ would appear in the Account Bar, but no transactions were available for review
- Fixed: An issue where the Budget columns were not adjustable in high resolution displays
- Fixed: A number of UI related issues
- New: Toolbar icon for Edit -> Preferences
- Fixed: A slow performance issue when viewing the Investing Portfolio or entering investment transactions.
Release R3 (November 2016)
Before you update
Note: If you use Bill Pay or Online Transfers, we recommend you perform a One Step Update before installing an update.
- FIXED: A Quicken crash when budgets were opened in ‘Graph View’.
- FIXED: An issue where Quicken would display ‘OOPS’ error when signing with your Quicken ID or creating a new Quicken ID.
- FIXED: An issue where you would not be able to add or edit an ‘Asset’ account in Deluxe SKU.
- FIXED: An issue where OSU would display a spinner and not perform any operation.
- FIXED: An issue where the ‘Red flag’ appeared next to the account even after accepting all transactions and closing Compare to Register.
- FIXED: Approximately 100 Quicken screen layout issues for large DPI monitors where text was clipped, overwriting content, or missing.
- FIXED: An issue where Quicken would become unresponsive while adding transactions from the calendar.
- FIXED: An issue where 'Add Account' button was truncated on the Quicken registration page for a particular resolution.
- FIXED: UI issues of Quicken for high resolution/DPI settings.
Release R2 (October 2016)
Simplified Password Options
- IMPROVED: Simplified File Password options with support for local file password or no file password.
Zillow Home Value Estimation
- IMPROVED: Added support to track addresses from different data files.
- FIXED: An issue where Quicken was unable to retrieve a Zillow estimate if any value was entered in the apartment number field.
- FIXED: An issue where the Zillow banner could not be closed.
Mobile Sync: Two Years of Transactions on First Mobile Sync
- NEW: Two years of transactions are now uploaded during your first mobile sync. (It used to be one year.)
- FIXED: An issue where transactions were not being categorized, when adding a new account.
- FIXED: An issue where the "Next" button was disabled on the Product Registration screen even if all required information was entered.
- FIXED: An issue where you could be asked to enter a password while syncing investment accounts.
- FIXED: Minor cosmetic issues related to the new design.
- FIXED: An issue where the Quicken Title Bar wouldn't honor the Windows color setting.
- FIXED: Issues where some toolbar icons were not working.
- FIXED: A display issue with the "Category" drop down.
- FIXED: An issue where the "File open" dialog would not work when trying to restore a backup.
- FIXED: An issue where the "Next" button had to be clicked twice while adding a reminder.
Quicken Canada 2017 Release Notes
Release R2/R3/R4 (Canada Versions, Sept 2017)
Critical Update: Sign In and Authentication Change
- We have replaced Intuit's login service with a new Quicken login service.
- When you install this update you will be prompted to setup a new Quicken ID.
- Your new Quicken ID will be used to sign in to Quicken going forward.
- You may still use your Intuit ID for other Intuit products.
- This is a required update. Failure to install this update and setup your Quicken ID will result in a loss of connected services.
Vault Password Change
- Due to our switch to a Quicken login service, we have removed the ability to protect your Password Vault with an Intuit Password. You may be required to set a new Password Vault password after installing this update. (If you already used a custom Vault password no action will be required.)
- We have replaced Intuit's Cloud Sync Service with a new Quicken Cloud Sync service. After you install this update, you will have to re-sync all your accounts.
- You will also have to re-upload documents using a new Document Upload Tool if you wish to see the transaction attachments on mobile.