Resolution for Duplicate Transaction Issue
Transactions downloaded via Express Web Connect (Quicken for Windows) or Quicken Connect (Quicken for Mac) between 3/16/2021 and 3/23/2021 may be duplicated. Note: there is currently a separate issue for USAA customers resulting in duplicate transactions; we are working to correct this issue with USAA. If you are a USAA customer, you may experience duplicate transactions more than once.
To resolve this issue
If you encounter this problem, you will need to simply delete the duplicate transactions. This will only need to be done once.
To delete multiple duplicate transactions
If you need to delete numerous duplicate transactions, follow the steps below. Please note, you can only delete multiple transactions at once in the account register. This process cannot be completed in the Compare to Register at the bottom of the Quicken window.
- Make a backup of your data file. This ensures that you have a "fall-back" file you can use to get back to where you were when you started.
- Select the affected account to view the register.
- Click the first duplicate transaction to highlight it.
- While holding the Ctrl key (command on Mac) on your keyboard, click each of the duplicate transactions in the register.
- Once all the duplicate transactions are selected, right-click on any one of them and select Delete.