Status Icons in Your Quicken Mac Register
This topic lists the different status icons that are displayed next to your transactions
Transaction download status icons
Here are a few of scenarios to explain the concept of matched and unmatched transactions:
- You entered a manual transaction in your account register (indicated by the icon ). Later, when you match this transaction with the transaction downloaded from your financial institution, the icon changes to .
- You entered a manual transaction in your account register (indicated by the icon ). Later, you downloaded the transaction from the financial institution. However, the icon does not change to . This could happen if the manual transaction is a check and is not yet cashed or if the manual transaction does not match with the downloaded transaction.
- If you see the unmatched icon () and notice that it should have matched, you can drag-and-drop the transaction onto a downloaded transaction to manually match.
- If you see the matched icon () and you think it was matched incorrectly, click the icon and select Unmatch.
Marking transactions as reviewed
Your workflow will probably differ depending on whether the account you are working with is a connected account or a manual account. The icons work differently based on the connection type.
In a connected account, a blue dot appears for all downloaded transactions. An orange pencil icon turns blue when the transaction is matched with a downloaded transaction. After reviewing all the downloaded transactions, it's easy to mark them as reviewed.
- If you want to mark each transaction as reviewed after you look at each one, click on the blue icon and select Reviewed.
- If you have reviewed all of the newly downloaded transactions and want to mark all of them reviewed at once, click on the blue icon and select Mark All Downloaded Transactions as Reviewed. Note that this will not mark the orange pencils as reviewed, because you'll want to continue to see unmatched manually entered transactions so you can track them.
- If you have only reviewed a few of the downloaded transactions and want to mark only those transactions as reviewed, multi-select the reviewed transactions by using the standard Mac keyboard convention of holding down the Shift key to select a range of transactions or Command and clicking on different transactions individually. Once you have your selection, Control + Click (right click) on any selected transaction and select Set Status of Selected Transactions to > Reviewed from the context menu.
- If you make a mistake, you can use the same methods above and select Not Reviewed on the transactions that need to be changed.
In a manual account, entering manually entered transactions won't display any icon by default.
- If you want to flag a transaction, you can click in the column where the icons normally appear and select Flag for Review from the menu that appears. This will turn on the orange pencil for this particular transaction, indicating that it needs to be reviewed.
- In the past, Quicken used to display the orange pencil even in manual accounts and if you have an old account you may want to hide all of these icons. In this case, click on the orange pencil and select Mark All Reviewed from the menu that appears, to hide all of the pencils.
Bill Pay transaction status icons