Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows
If you're unable to install Quicken for Windows, or if you experience issues using Quicken after a patch release, it's possible that Quicken isn't installed correctly on your computer. Using the QCleanUI utility will make sure that you can reinstall Quicken correctly on your system.
Step 1: Download and use QCleanUI
- Back up your Quicken data file before proceeding.
- Uninstall Quicken through the Add/Remove Programs feature through your computer's Control Panel.
- Create a new folder on your desktop (right-click on your desktop and select New > Folder).
- Click QcleanUI.exe and save the file to the new folder.
- Click MSICLEAN.exe and save the file to the SAME new folder.
- In the new folder, double-click QcleanUI.exe.
- Select Clean all versions, and then click Clean. Note: QcleanUI may take several minutes to complete its task.
- Select Quit to close QcleanUI.
Step 2: Rename Quicken Shared Folders
- Follow the step to Show hidden files and folders.
- In the C:\Program Data\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- In the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each user on your computer.
- In the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder, right-click the Quicken installation folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- Restart your computer, and install Quicken again.