Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows
If you're unable to install Quicken for Windows, or if you experience issues using Quicken after a patch release, it's possible that Quicken isn't installed correctly on your computer. Using the QCleanUI utility will make sure that you can reinstall Quicken correctly on your system.
Step 1: Download and use QCleanUI
- Back up your Quicken data. If you're unable to open Quicken to do so, you can skip this step and continue.
- Uninstall Quicken with the Add/Remove Programs feature through your computer's Control Panel.
- Create a new folder on your desktop (right-click on your desktop and select New > Folder).
- Click QcleanUI.exe and save the file to the new folder.
- Click MSICLEAN.exe and save the file to the SAME new folder.
- In the new folder, double-click QcleanUI.exe.
- Select Clean all versions, and then click Clean. Note: QcleanUI may take several minutes to complete its task.
- Select Quit to close QcleanUI.
Step 2: Rename Quicken Shared Folders
- Follow the steps to Show hidden files and folders. In some cases, some of the folders that need to be renamed in the following steps do not appear even after selecting to Show hidden files and folders. If this occurs, continue through the steps and rename the folders that do appear.
- In the C:\Program Data\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- In the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each user on your computer.
- In the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder, right-click the Quicken installation folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- Restart your computer, and install Quicken again.
If you need help reinstalling from a CD copy, you can find it here.
If you need help downloading a copy and reinstalling it, you can find it here.