Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version after your membership has expired
After your Quicken Membership expires, you will no longer receive updates to the Quicken application. However, you may continue to use the version of Quicken you had at the time your Membership expired to open your data files and, for Quicken Deluxe and above, continue to use Quicken in a manual mode. See our Data Access Guarantee.
If your Membership has expired and you need to reinstall Quicken (on the computer it was originally installed on or on a new system):
- Find your Membership expiration date (you can see this by signing into My Account and going to the Subscriptions section).
- Go to quicken.com/download to download and install Quicken for Windows.
- From the list below, download the patch that was released before your expiration date.
For example, if your Membership expired on January 12th, you could download the latest version released before that date.
Download the version released before your Membership expired.
- Release R25.10 (2/18/2020)
- Release R23.18 (12/17/2019)
- Release R23.17 11/21/2019)
- Release R22.12 (9/20/2019)
- Release R19.52 (6/24/2019)
- Release R19.44 (5/30/2019)
- Release R18.16 (4/5/2019)
- Release R18.15 (2/6/2019)
- Release R18.14 (1/29/2019)
- Release R15.18 (11/6/2018)
- Release R12.15 (9/15/2018)
- Release R11.18 (8/9/2018)
- Release R8.8 (4/20/2018)
- Release R7.5 (3/23/2018)
- Release R3.1 11/17/2017